Taco Bell Volcano Taco  » Food  »
1.5
  • I like spicy food, crunchy tacos, and nacho cheese, so I thought I would like Taco Bell's Volcano Taco for sure
  • I think some canned jalapenos would be a nice addition to give it an extra kick of heat and flavor

• by Leo Fair

I like spicy food, crunchy tacos, and nacho cheese, so I thought I would like Taco Bell’s Volcano Taco for sure. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

The Volcano Taco was very disappointing, and I’m glad I had the rest of their box meal to fall back on.

I found the shell

itself unappealing.

The red dye seems to be there just to catch your eye, because it does nothing for the flavor of the taco.

On the contrary, the taco was a little bitter and I assume this was because of the red food dye.

I would replace the shell with ...

• either a regular crunchy taco shell or one seasoned like a hot flavor of Dorrito.

The heat didn’t contribute much to the overall flavor.

It also wasn’t what I would call volcano hot.

heat and flavor.

I like the ground beef they use at Taco Bell and it was okay here, but I think it would work better as a chicken or steak taco.

I rate this taco a 3 out of 10.

I won’t be ordering it again this time, but I would like to try a different version.

Taco Bell Volcano Taco

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27910489451131/k2311a109/10.9.08