1408 movie  » Movies  »
  • But it was not typical cinematic style, although I would have liked to see it on the big screen for the specific jump scenes that I found so amusing

• by Tarra

1408 (2007) is based upon a Stephen King story starring John Cusack and Samuel Jackson. This is a supernatural story that really leaves you to think about the supernatural. In other words if there really are spirits out there are they going to mess with you? This movie showcases that wonderment of anyone who loves the supernatural.

I especially liked the scenes involving the ghosts. And I have to saw in spots where most movies you know they are going to attempt

to make you jump, you laugh because you don’t. And in some scenes where you are just watching all of a suddent out of nowhere you jump in your seat. The psychological style of the movie also gets a resounding 9 from me because in classic King style he delivers.

Just as any other good spook story I am left wondering is it really over for Michael Enslip or is he still stuck in his own version of Hell in the room.

• Near the end of the movie I began to wonder if there is a link between this story and the coveted Alice in Wonderland, becuase the Enslip character does make a reference to being in the “rabbit’s hole”. And Jackson’s character did seem to act as the character did in the wonderland story (I am sorry I cannot remember which one it was) when giving Enslip a choice.

Without telling too much of the movie if you are a supernatural fanatic of

the psychological aspects of suspensre movies I say watch it and you will like. But it was not typical cinematic style, although I would have liked to see it on the big screen for the specific “jump” scenes that I found so amusing. King did wonderful creating this haunted hotel room story and the director did well portraying it.

A word of warning though the suspense does not pick up until he gets a postcard. So I hope you find it as amusing as I did.

1408 movie
    Andrew Leither says :

I watched this movie and it was excellent great fun and even scary at times. I recommend this to anyone. 1408 is most certainly a movie I am going to watch again.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11910489421131/k2311a109/10.9.08