Fever Lake (1996) movie  » Movies  »
  • Normally I prefer scary animal movies, but I decided to watch this one as I found it on the shelf of my local library
  • I enjoyed trying to guess who the killer was, yet in many ways it was very obvious
  • The acting is very good in my opinion and the plot flows smoothly
  • I think this works much better than trying to show some human-like haunt on the screen, as this ties the spirit into the setting of lake and forest

• by Sarah B

Fever Lake is a horror movie that stars Corey Haim, Bo Hopkins and Mario Lopez. It’s what most people refer to as a ’slasher’ or ‘killer thriller’. Normally I prefer scary animal movies, but I decided to watch this one as I found it on the shelf of my local library. I must say this movie was better than I had expected. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept moving at a decent speed.

This picture is bloody. It’s also rated R. Some of the scenes in this movie are

very violent and involve an ax. If those sorts of things bother you, than you should either not watch it or close your eyes during the bad parts.

This movie is very suspenseful and there are a lot of little things that work up towards the bloody climax at the end. I enjoyed trying to guess who the killer was, yet in many ways it was very obvious. Still, the plot does involve a surprise and its one you probably wont guess. The acting is very good in my opinion and the ...

• plot flows smoothly. If you enjoy scary movies, then you’ll probably like watching this one.

The plot involves an evil spirit that lives in the lake. A group of six college students go to Fever Lake, as one of the boys owns a house there. The house has been empty for fifteen years, as a bloody murder had taken place there years before. And every time someone goes to that house, the evil spirit awakens and bad things happen.

The evil spirit itself is somewhat mysterious and they never actually say what it

is, just that it’s after blood. The special affects involving the evil spirit were kept simple and yet effective: bubbling whitewater on a calm lake, fog, a wolf with green eyes. I think this works much better than trying to show some human-like haunt on the screen, as this ties the spirit into the setting of lake and forest. There’s also an Indian (Native American) that warns about the evil spirit with an excellent bit of foreshadowing.

All in all, this is a pretty decent horror movie that plays on local legends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11910489301131/k2311a109/10.9.08