Hidden Secrets: The Nightmare
2.5
  • I found the mini-games to be rather easy in the beginning, but some of them can be tricky

• by Mystic

When I first started playing Hidden Secrets: the Nightmare, I wasn’t expecting much from it. I probably never would’ve played it in the first place, but I had broken some bones in my foot and was stuck in a chair for most of the time for a few weeks. I started the game with low expectations, but I became absorbed in the game play very quickly.

Hidden Secrets: the Nightmare is a point and click adventure game from Gogii games. In Hidden Secrets, you play as Flora Dale, a woman who wins the lottery

only to end up taking a tumble down a flight of stairs. Once in the hospital, Flora falls into a coma, and you must help her navigate her memories to discover her attacker.

The game is divided into 20 scenes, each of which includes a level of finding and combining objects to give Flora a clue, and one or two mini-games. Each scene has a time limit, usually a half hour. If a mini-game is too hard, you have the option of skipping it, but you only get 2 skips for the entire game. I ...

• found the mini-games to be rather easy in the beginning, but some of them can be tricky. Once you’ve completed a mini-game, you can select it from the main menu and play it again. The mini-games are pretty generic; the same kind you’d find in most other games of this type. Some of them have definite replay value, though.

The graphics are great, which makes finding items a real pleasure. Some of the locations were wonderfully spooky, adding to the overall appeal of the game. Even the graphic in the opening screen - a

young woman sitting alone on a small floating chunk of earth - sets the tone immediately.

While I liked the game play, I found the plot to be very predictable, to the point where I started to find it annoying. At first, I was very engrossed in the game, but toward the end I really was just playing it to pass the time. It doesn’t even do a good job of that - it took me a few hours to complete the entire game. Still, as a casual game it has it’s merits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28810488960731/k2311a108/10.8.08