You Can Win - Shiv Khera  » Books  »
  • They were inspiring and interesting - more importantly they didn't drag
  • For any or all of the above case(s), I definitely recommend this book

• by Bibliophilic bloke

I remember starting reading this book as a teenager, many years back. It was already a popular book having sold more than a million copy and it was a best seller (in fact it still is) in India, the place I live.

The blue cover of the book with the title “YOU CAN WIN” embossed on it - and a handsome, charismatic middle-aged man donning a navy blue suit, wearing a genuine smile made it attractive enough to capture my attention and indulge me in

reading it.

As I began reading, I started loving it for one reason, the fables. They were inspiring and interesting - more importantly they didn’t drag; they were short but nevertheless carried important messages. I loved the fables and anecdotes this book had and yet the interpretation part, i.e the part actually authored by Shiv Khera was quite boring. So I closed the book after reading it selectively, just because I felt it merely a collection of fables. But it took 5 extra years to ...

• appreciate the book wholly.

It occurred when I started reading this book from the scratch, all over again, 5 years later. This time around, I read the book to completion - and tell you what, I liked it better - I mean, I liked the book in totality this time; Because, not only did I now understand the excellent lessons the fables and anecdotes contained, but as well the context and/or situations in which Shiv Khera, the author, has applied them. I could find the

assortment of fables and anecdotes more pertinent and the book way too less aimless now. I could see the essence more clearly now and understand with more clarity what Shiv Khera is trying to say.

The bottom line is, Shiv Khera’s “You Can Win” is a great help for those who like the Self-help genre or those who wish to improve their quality of living or for those who crave true success in life. For any or all of the above case(s), I definitely recommend this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17710488060131/k2311a107/10.7.08