Cyber Power  » Business  »
5175 Commerce Drive Baldwin Park, CA 91706
  • I have a top of the line gaming laptop and it's very light and stays relatively cool, though the performance remains amazing
  • The first week I had an issue with my laptop freezing at the boot screen

• by TBL

Cyber Power is an independent, over-the-internet manufacturer of PCs operating out of California. The website which operates as their store is http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ .

I’m not going to lie, I was hesitant to order from a company that most, including myself, hadn’t heard of before. Though I figured I’d take the chance and order a laptop through them. My risk turned out to pay off BIG time… this business is superb in nearly every way!

The biggest thumbs-up I give to Cyber Power is the option to choose what operating system you’d like to have pre-installed–you’re not just stuck with Vista! I really wanted a laptop with XP installed on it, and Cyber Power offered me that choice. You can also choose no

OS at all, which is nice in case you wanted to boot Linux instead. I also had the option to upgrade to a higher capacity hard drive (250gb) and several other unconventional hardware choices most manufacturers don’t offer.

The quality is also superb. I have a top of the line gaming laptop and it’s very light and stays relatively cool, though the performance remains amazing. The thought out, careful assembly of their machines ensures they stay cooler and as light as possible compared to many of the other commercial machines on the market.

Oh, and the extra money for that wide choice in customization and attention to detail? Hardly anything at all! They routinely have great deals going on for certain models,

• but even if the machine you want isn’t on sale, don’t expect to pay an arm and a leg for it… even if you heavily customize it.

The customer service is another great aspect to point out about this business. The first week I had an issue with my laptop freezing at the boot screen… I contacted customer service, preparing myself for a headache… but was surprised to be promptly told what was wrong and how to easily fix it (I haven’t had an issue since.) About a month ago I fried the motherboard (my fault, don’t ask) and they had me send it in, no questions asked, for repairs. They returned the laptop repaired and with the HDD untouched in

only three weeks. Every one of their machines comes with a three year warranty and free lifetime phone support which is NICE.

And finally, the freebies. With nearly any machine you order you’ll be offered a slew of really nice freebies. I received a free printer, PC game, and t-shirt with my purchase.

My only big complaint is sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with customer support. Once you do, they’re a big help. But have fun calling ten times in one day before someone finally picks up or waiting an entire week before someone responds to an email.

Give Cyber Power a shot. The choice in customization is second-to-none. They produce sturdy, sleek products and excellent customer service to back it up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41610487621131/k2311a106/10.6.08