Eurostar  » Railway  »
2.5
London to Paris
  • While on holiday in London, I decided I would take a trip to Paris
  • The easiest, fastest, most cost effective way to travel to Paris is via the Eurostar
  • I was deeply disappointed in the way Eurostar handled the issue

• by beentheretriedthat

While on holiday in London, I decided I would take a trip to Paris. The easiest, fastest, most cost effective way to travel to Paris is via the Eurostar. I booked my tickets well in advance.

The company sent me a confirmation email and even a “count down until your trip” email. All seemed well and in order.

I arrived at the train station in London to depart to Paris, and

although delayed just by 30 minutes, I made it to Paris. My departure was near flawless, the journey was quick and comfortable.

The food on the train was a bit expensive, but no more expensive than overpriced convience food. However, the train ride back to London was horrible! When I arrived at the train station to take my train back to London, the train had been cancelled! A week prior to ...

• my Paris trip there was a fire in the channel tunnel.

Due to the fire, Eurostar had to cancel and postpone a number of trips. Due to the fire, I understand the reason for cancellation, but the way Eurostar handled it was completely unacceptable.

Not once did I receive a phone call or email informing me that the train had been cancelled. I had travelled all the way from the place

I was staying to the train station and was then stuck in the train station.

I had to wait until the first train went out in the morning. It ruined my evening and the whole next day worth of plans.

I was deeply disappointed in the way Eurostar handled the issue. Be extremely carefull when booking with them and be sure to call and check the status of your train before departure.

Eurostar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 44610487601131/k2311a106/10.6.08