APPLIANCE TOUCH UP  » Housewares  »
  • When I received my bottle of appliance touch-up, I thought it was a grand thing to have around the home, for those 'just in case' times
  • I know that many people DO use appliance repair touch ups of different types, but, I am concerned that most people assume that ovens, stoves or surface units may be painted with this formula, as well as the appliances it was designed for

• by covenly1
      When I received my bottle of appliance touch-up, I thought it was a grand thing to have around the home, for those ‘just in case’ times. I still do think that! Refrigerators that do get bumped, may be easily repainted with this brand name: APPLIANCE TOUCH UP……. white is number 960. I want to warn everyone about the cautions that must be taken with this formula.

It is NOT to be used on a stove or on any area that will become hot. It is not meant for that. The first thing that entered my mind, was that stoves are what seem to need the most touch up paint, so I was very glad that I really read the directions, warning me NOT to do that! This is Epoxy fortified for porcelain and

enamel.

This contains Tolual. This must be used in a well ventilated area. Directions warn to keep away from heat, sparks, and flame of any kind.

Shake the bottle very well, before beginning. Take easy straight strokes, so that the paint will dry evenly. Allow the paint Touch Up to dry overnight, before you touch it.

Keep the kids away from it, PERIOD!

There are very good uses for this formula that are not scary. I want to tell you what they are: refirgerators, tubs, sinks, washers, dryers, and other household applainces that do not have direct fire type flame associated with them. The nicks and scratches can be filled by cleaning, first, the surface very well, and allowing the surface to be ‘fixed’ to dry, completely.

With several applications, deep ...

• nicks may be filled and made to look ‘new’, again. Just use straight strokes, allow to dry, redo. I know that many people DO use appliance repair touch ups of different types, but, I am concerned that most people assume that ovens, stoves or surface units may be painted with this formula, as well as the appliances it was designed for.

Please, get the word out……. if exposed to extreme heat, even the vapors are poisonous. Do not let a repair man ‘fix’ your scratched or nicked surface unit, oven, or stove with such a ‘touch up’.

It is entirely possible that he/she has not read the small print, either! I make it a point to know what is happening in my home, and I am sure you want to know as much

as I do! I truly wish that a large printed warning was on the front of this 1 ounce bottle. There is none there. So, just be aware that YOU know the dangers, and keep out of the reach of children and/or elderly people who may not be able to READ the small printed warnings.

I like the product. It is wonderful, when used as it was meant to be used! Just keep in mind, the ways it is a good household item, and keep it well stored away! Paint with ease, using the product as it was made to be used. You will like it, when you fix those tub nicks, etc.

This is a handy product when used as directed! Use it with total confidence, as you know how to use it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53190448740330/k2311a0419/4.19.06