Seiko SAT100 electronic tuner  » Electronics  »
  • For anyone who plays the electric or acoustic guitar, I would recommend this tuner over several others I've tried

• by Famous
      Tuning my acoustic guitar can sometimes be a real challenge, especially since it’s difficult to find the correct note by ear. In any event, I got my hands on one of SEIKO’s tuners, the SAT100. It’s a relatively small device (4 x 2.

5 “) and can be used to tune a 6-string guitar

or a bass guitar. This tuner is absolutely great in that it functions in a number of ways.

1) It can be used to determine what key a note is being played in. This is handy for impromptu jam sessions, or small gigs.

2) The tuner can indicate whether each string is being played too sharp or too flat. It has a little electronic “needle” that wavers between the two extremes.

Once the note is correct, the “needle” sits firmly in the middle, and a green light is engaged. 3) This tuner can audibly mimic the requested note.

Simply use the arrow buttons to find ...

• Seiko SAT100 electronic tuner
      what key you need, and the tuner will electronically “hum” it. To be frank, there are a few other features on this device that I have not even used yet.

But each time I discover something new, I’m always delighted. This tuner goes with me everywhere-even when I’m not gigging, as it’s

so easy to use.

Another great feature is that it can be used even while there is background noise going on. The mic is sensitive enough to pick up on the sound being measured.

For anyone who plays the electric or acoustic guitar, I would recommend this tuner over several others I’ve tried.

Mike says :

How do I tune my electric guitar to D tuning using Seiko SAT100? What is the settings I have to do on the tuner?

John says :

On your guitar there’s an option for sharp/flat. If you’re currently set to C tune, drop it down a level and it’’s set to D.

katelyn says :

how do i know what to tune my acoustic guitar to of the choices of a flat sharp etc.?

Galega says :

Tune your low E string down until the screen reads E flat or D sharp. The A string should become A flat or G sharp, the D string should be D flat or C sharp, the G string should be G flat or F sharp, and the B string should be B flat or A. Finish with the high E string.

Robert says :

How do I tune my guitar with drop-C C G C F A D tuning with this tuner? I am really struggling…please help

John says :

Robert, here’s a link that should be helpful. It shows you exactly how to tune:

tyler says :

how do i tune set my tuner to tune my guitar half step down? EB,AB,DB,GB,BB,EB

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16190448730330/k2311a0419/4.19.06