Wooden Wind Chime from Walgreen’s  » Other  »
0.5
  • In the spring of the year I bought a large wooden wind chime from Walgreen's
  • If I remember correctly, I paid $8 to $10 for it

• by Sarah B

In the spring of the year I bought a large wooden wind chime from Walgreen’s. The wood was dark in color and had a nice sound when the pieces bumped into each other. The upper part was fancy and shaped like a Japanese roof. The entire thing was strung together with what appeared to be black thread. The threads dangled from each corner of the Japanese roof with the long wooden

chimes under it. There was also a long piece hanging straight down from the center, with a piece of wood at the bottom.. If I remember correctly, I paid $8 to $10 for it.

I brought it home and hung it from a tree branch in my back yard. The area under the tree was clear and there was nothing that could hit the chime to damage it. When the wind ...

• blew the wooden pieces bumped together to create a gentle sound.

Yet within a few short months it started falling apart. Several of the wooden pieces fell off the black thread onto the ground. This caused the upper Japanese roof to tilt at a crazy angle, as the weight was uneven. I tried to string it back together but that proved impossible. It also appeared that most of the black thread had

become rotten and other strings had actually broken. The thing was a cheaply made piece of junk that wasn’t even worth the money I had paid for it.

I strongly suggest you don’t purchase any wind chimes from Walgreen’s that uses thin black thread. They may be in other stores as well. Look for ones that have a thicker type of string to hold it together as a thicker string won’t break so easily.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12610487141131/k2311a106/10.6.08