Movie Happy Feet  » Movies  »
  • This is one of the best cartoons I've seen so far
  • I enjoy watching the Animal Planet and Dicovery Channel
  • Although penguins aren't my favorite animals, I like them enough

• by online_girl

This is one of the best cartoons I’ve seen so far. The trailer didn’t look so promising so I never watched this in the theaters. I seldom want to pay for cartoons anyway. Luckily, one of my relatives bought me a DVD version which they said was on sale. When I watched the

movie, I really liked it!

I’m a big animal lover. I enjoy watching the Animal Planet and Dicovery Channel. Although penguins aren’t my favorite animals, I like them enough. With penguins as the stars of this cartoon, I was bound to like it already. The plot’s simple: in a tribe of penguins that sing, there’s one penguin who cannot sing but can dance very well. When his dancing attracts the attention of other penguins, the elders banish dancing penguin from their community. He ends up getting captured by humans and is placed in a zoo. Again, his happy feet attracts the attention of humans, and soon ...

• Movie Happy Feet
      the entire penguin community learns to accept dancing. The core story is about belonging and acceptance. But I live how there are also implications about human waste and destruction of the environment.

In one scene, a superstar penguin chokes on a plastic 6- pack wrap stuck on its neck. There are also multiple

scenes where the water is polluted and littered with human waste. While the movie isn’t a call to take care of the environment, the underlying message is simple and clear: human waste is becoming a bigger problem.

Not only is this a feel-good movie, it also delivers a very positive message to its viewers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11610486831031/k2311a106/10.6.08