Movie Mirrors  » Movies  »
  • I know the intention was to leave the viewers wondering, but it just doesn't fit perfectly

• by online_girl

Last night, my friends and I watched Keifer Sutherland’s Mirrors. We saw the trailer before watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2and were really enraptured. Anyway, it’s supposed to be a horror film so we made sure to watch it at night. :)

The plot’s really simple: An ex-detective, Sutherland ends up working as a security guard for a high end department store that burned down five years ago. He soon

discovers that creepy things happen to the mirrors inside the department store. Even when he’s not at work, the mirrors haunt him and those close to him. In order to protect his family, he tries to find out what the mirrors are after. In the end, a woman whose schizophrenic ‘demons’ are trapped in the mirrors sacrifices herself for the sake of the innocent who have been killed by what’s ...

• inside the mirrors. She doesn’t immediately die but engages in a battle with Suntherland. Like his character Jack Bauer, Sutherland is wounded by walks away alive and strangely, stuck in a mirror himself.

In terms of entertainment quality, the movie’s really great. I was hanging on to my seat most of the time if not trying to decipher the mystery. However, I didn’t like the many inconsistencies in the movie. For

one, some items in the department store are completely intact even after being ravaged by the fire. Another thing is that Sutherland didn’t die after fighting with a demonic burning woman. And finally, I don’t really understand the ending. I know the intention was to leave the viewers wondering, but it just doesn’t fit perfectly.

Overall, the movie’s worth your money. But it’s not realistic enough to be an ultimate horror story.

Movie Mirrors

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11610486741031/k2311a106/10.6.08