Iron Man DVD  » Movies  »
  • I bought this on DVD today, for around $15 at Target
  • I think I must have lost 20 pounds tonight, just laughing at half of the movie

• by pangeacat

I bought this on DVD today, for around $15 at Target. It stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jeff Bridges.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure that Robert Downey Jr. could pull off the character of Tony Stark/Iron Man believably. Don’t get me wrong, he is a phenomenal actor, and I’ve always found him to be incredibly talented. Still, I just couldn’t picture him as Iron Man. However, he more than proved

me wrong, he blew that idea out of the water! He was utterly incredible as Tony Stark. Jeff Bridges… honestly there’s not one person on the planet who could have played a better Obadiah, of that I am confident. And, though Gwyneth Paltrow’s role wasn’t the most active, she too was perfectly cast. In fact, everyone was perfectly cast, from the big name stars to the supporting characters and even the extras!

There are scenes ...

• in this film that may make you cry. Other scenes are entirely action packed and guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping. Some parts are sweet enough to give you an extra cavity. And then, of course, there are a large number of scenes that will have you smacking your thigh in an uncontrollable fit of laughter. I think I must have lost 20 pounds tonight, just laughing at half of the movie! Don’t
        fear though, the laughs aren’t done in a cheesy way that takes the “Iron Man” out of the film!

If you liked the comic, you’ll love this movie. If you’ve never heard of the comic, you’ll love the movie. If you like comedy, this is golden. If you like action and/or CGI, it’s the movie of the year. In fact, I can’t think of any reason at all why anyone would just not like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11310486680231/k2311a103/10.3.08