Best Western Manitowoc WI  » Hotels  »
101 Maritime Dr. Manitowoc, WI 54220 Phone# (920) 682-7000
  • In between the whirl pool and tub there was a sauna, which I thought was a nice touch
  • I wouldn't say it was the best hotel meal I ever had, but it was warm and I was hungry
  • I think the total was about $70.00 We checked out late the next day so we could have some more time at the pool
  • After we left my husband and I decided that if we were ever to pass through the area again we would make a point to stop back
  • I would defiantly recommend the hotel to anyone passing through

• by Meg Isaacs

Just two months ago my husband and I were driving back from a vacation when we decided we had enough driving and wanted to stop for the night. We were tired and wore out and decided to just stop at whatever hotel was the closet. We consulted our GPS and saw that a Best Western was off the next exit, so we pulled off. Were we glad we did!

As we pulled into the parking lot we saw that it was, in fact, right on the Lakeside. The whole exterior of the building was clean and very cheery looking. When we walked inside the interior matched the exterior. It was by far not the fanciest place I had ever been, but things were clean and well kept; and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It wasn’t like it was just their job, they treated us like they really cared how

our stay was going to be. That made a huge impact on me immediately. When we asked about what rooms were available, the cheapest one they had was one of their $140.00 suite. So we paid it and then, before telling us what room number we had, she quickly typed something up on her computer. She looked up at us, smiled, and said that since we looked so tired she upgraded our room to their largest suite. I was beginning to like this place more and more!

We went up to our room and it was beautiful! There was a sitting room, bedroom, corner office area, and a whirl pool tub. In the sitting room they had a coffee maker with Folgers brand coffee, plenty of cups and a mini fridge/freezer already stocked with ice. I walked over to the window and our view over looked Lake Michigan and a light ...

• house in the distance. I loved the view and took a few post card worthy pictures from our window.

After we got all settled in we walked down to the pool to check that out. It was your average hotel pool, but one again everything was very well kept. They also had a whirlpool which was very hot and easy to adjust, and large enough for quite a few people. In between the whirl pool and tub there was a sauna, which I thought was a nice touch.

Once we had enough swimming we went back to our room and decided to get room service. Which, I admit, I have always been to cheap to do but we decided it was worth it seeing as we were just to tired to go out anywhere. We ordered your average dinner consisting of cooked chicken, mashed potatoes, and a side salad. For

drinks we just chose cokes. We ordered and our food was brought up promptly and tasted good. I wouldn’t say it was the best hotel meal I ever had, but it was warm and I was hungry. The price also seemed a little steep for what we ordered, but I guess a lot of that had to do with the fact that we had it come up as room service. I think the total was about $70.00

We checked out late the next day so we could have some more time at the pool. After we left my husband and I decided that if we were ever to pass through the area again we would make a point to stop back. It wasn’t the cheapest or the chicest, but the service was unbeatable all around and that ranks very high in my book. I would defiantly recommend the hotel to anyone passing through.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2310486520131/k2311a103/10.3.08