Contractubex

• by JustLiz

I have a scar (keloid) on my right knee. I got it when I was a kid.

I’ve tried a lot of products to if not vanish it, minimize it even just a little so I’d be confident wearing mini

skirts and shorts.

I’ve read about this product and its name is Contractubex, which can help remove new scars and minimize old ones.

Contractubex is a gel that you apply on your scar and massage it.

The product is quite expensive but you will be able to use it for a month or two, so it’s also worth it.

Since my scar is really old, I religiously applied every day and massage it for a minute or so, once in ...

• Contractubex
      the morning and once in the evening before retiring for the night.

I didn’t see any results until after using it for at least two months.

I am really amazed by this product because it really minimized my scar and made the color a bit lighter.

It really reduced the scar’s range.

I’ve tried a lot of products before and this is the only one that worked! It’s really awesome.

Especially if the scar is new, it will be less visible within a month of using it.

Contractubex
Jhara says :

Is Contractubex effective for acne scars too?

JustLiz replies :

Yes, it could be use on acne scars as well. But test it on a small part of your face first to see if your skin will have negative reaction to it.

Danna says :

will contractubex be effective on chickenpox scars?

me.glenrose says :

yes this can be effective on chicken fox scars too.

Galega says :

Chicken Pox scars are really tough to get rid of. Contractubex may not be completely effective in tackling this problem.

Even then, you can apply it on affected area - topically - for up to three months. It will not heal the scar completely, but it can make some them little bit invisible.

Crystal says :

What other ointment do you recommend to get rid of chickenpox scars? I had mine for 15 years and its very visible on my face

Galega says :

As I had mentioned above, it is really tough to get rid of chicken pox scars. You can use Contractubex, which can make it little bit invisible.

Mary Joy Chan says :

I had a scar from a motorcycle accident 5 years ago (Fist-sized scar). I started using contractubex 3 years prior to the accident. Give or take, I used it for 8-10 months. My scar is almost gone. However if someone will have a through look, it’s still visible but barely. Contractubex won’t work overnight. You must have patience.

Galega says :

Surgical scars take lots of time in getting healed. Patience is obviously required in this case. The older and deeper the scar, more time it will gets. If not completely healed, the scars will definitely become less visible.

rhea says :

i have a keloid scar since i was a child and until now, it is still visible. can contractubex lessen erase my keloid?

itsmemadie01 says :

It will not remove the keloid but it will even out the discoloration so it will be less noticeable. I have a small one at the back of my knee and after applying this product I noticed that it flattened and the skin tone matched the surrounding so it is not that obvious. The scar is still there but it will not look so much of a keloid.

ajgheng says :

hi i have this scar for about 20 years keloid , I`ve tried a lot of scar remover cream but it did not work for me. can contractubex help me to diminished or lighten my scar?

junmae says :

The main action of the Contratubex is to soften and lighten the Keloidal scars. It may not totally remove the scar but this product can help your scar to be less visible.

Vivien Alpuerto says :

Sad to say, but contractubex doesn’t work for keloids. It is not the right product to remove keloids.

grace says :

Hi, i just want to ask if it works on chicken pox scar particularly on the face area? Thank you

junmae says :

Yes, it can help lighten the scars from Chicken Pox. Make sure that you will use it appropriately so that you can achieve it maximum effect.

Danna says :

but will it flatten the scar as well? i have the same problem with chickenpox scars and its like a crater in the skin.. will it help flatten it? unfortunately its the opposite of those keloidal scars..

Galega says :

It will not flatten the scar. It will just lighten those. If the chicken pox scars are quite deep, like a crater, it may take prolong use to even lighten them up.

Use it for few months to see whether there is any positive result.

saraherica says :

it says contractubex may be allowed to take effect overnight under a dressing. does that mean i should wear pajamas since my scar is found at my right leg so nothing will touch it? i just bought one today and im not going to take any risk.. its to expensive

Liz replies :

it means you can put bandage or gauze over it. but what i do is i massage my scar gently for 2 minutes with contractubex.

Galega says :

It actually depends on the nature of scars. IF your scars are quite large and even deep, you may use bandage - Gel Dressing.

Soften the scar tissue first using a warm, moist pad. Then apply Contractubex in a moderately thick layer. Gently massage the gel over the scar. Then cover the area with thin kitchen foil. Put a dressing on top of this. Then simply leave the gel to work overnight.

jelly says :

can this contractubex remove deep scars caused by chicken pox, particularly on the face area?thank you.

itsmemadie01 says :

No it will not heal the scar from chickenpox because I had one on my face as well but it will lighten discoloration so it will be less noticeable. This topical medicine is best applied in scars from scratches and cuts in the skin.

Galega says :

It will not completely remove the chicken pox scars. However, it will definitely lighten up the marks. Your scars can become less visible.

It also depends on the gravity of your problem. If chicken pox scars are quite deep, then it may even be tough to lighten up those in short period of time.

granny says :

heya i was searching the product s that can remove scars and i saw these page. is contractubex effective to the scars cuased by mosquito bites also?

Joel Angaga says :

Heya too. definitely contractubex could effectively remove scars cause by mosquito bites, its just a light bites though.
I had been using contractubex for quite long period now on my deep acne scars and its amazingly lightning my scars. Need extra patience to get result.

Galega says :

There is no point of using a scar removal for mosquito bites. Eventually, those scars will go away. I doubt Contractubex will work in this case.

Marks left on your body because of mosquito bites will evaporate within 1-2 days. Just have patience.

Raghu says :

Hi I have been recommended to use contractubex for a scar on my forehead and nose. recent ones . I want to know if i can wash my face after applying the gel?

itsmemadie01 says :

It is on the instruction on the leaflet to leave the product in the scar overnight so application should be done after you washed the scarred area.

Galega says :

If you have applied it in day, you should keep it there for at least 2 hours before washing it.

If you have applied it in the night, wash the affected area only in the morning. Keep the ointment there for the entire night.

You can use any soap, no problem with that.

Vivien Alpuerto says :

Hi it is better applied after washing your face. Just leave it on your face, how could it possibly work if you will wash it off after application? If you want better and faster results, do not wash it off just right after applying it.

poist says :

Hello there, Hapi new year. I have a 5 big keloids on my chest. I had it for more than 10 yrs now. All I want is to just flatten the keloids. It is very itchy and Im very tired of it. Is contractubex effective enough to flatten it and for how many months can I apply this gel?

madie001 says :

Hi,

First do not scratch your scars since it will add more trauma to your skin. Second, yes it will help with the flatting out of the keloid. It will not disappear but it will blend well with the surrounding skin. It should be applied everyday and for some people with bigger scars they cover it with bandage but I skipped this part but it worked for me. Consistency and patience in applying this product is a must for you to get the optimal effect. Lastly, it will take couple of months to see the improvement.

joy says :

Hi have a birthmarks in my knees, i could not ware miniskirt or short pants because of this. Could contratubex help my big problem?tnx

Liz replies :

contractubex is made to make scars less visible. i am not sure if this will work on your birthmarh. maybe you can just try applying concealer to cover up your birthmark.

Galega says :

There is no point in using Contactubex, or for that matter any scar removal cream/ointment/medicine for birthmarks. That is a part of your skin and I don’t think that any medicine will be helpful.

It is on your knees and is a birthmark. I suggest you to change your opinion that it is a big problem. It isn’t.

Don’t use Contactubex for this purpose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34310486450131/k2311a103/10.3.08