Hot Pockets Panini Bruschetta Chicken
  • Which is why I surprised myself when, while I was food shopping I decided to buy a pack of Hot Pockets
  • Of course, that wasn't enough to keep me from eating the other Hot Pocket, but I know he would have liked it none the less
  • But as far as the Panini style Hot Pockets go, I bought it, ate it, loved it and will continue to buy all the Panini style Hot Pockets that come out

• by Meg Isaacs

First Of all, I want people to know I almost never buy anything instant. I hate the type of food that you just plop in the microwave and basically reheat. Which is why I surprised myself when, while I was food shopping I decided to buy a pack of Hot Pockets.

I don’t know if was because I was hungry, or simply because I just saw the commercial and it was still fresh in my mind. But I decided to try one. After looking them over I put the hot Pockets Panini Bruschetta Chicken in

my cart. As soon as I got home I plopped them in the microwave and looked at the box cover.

It sure looked appetizing enough, the picture made it look like the type of Panini that you would get at a cute little corner bistro.

Once the timer went off I looked at it, then decided to put it back in for another 45 seconds or so. When the timer again went off I opened the microwave and they looked perfect!

After they cooled down for a couple of minutes I took my first leery bite. To my surprise it ...

• was quite good! In fact, they didn’t even taste instant! It was warm and fresh tasting with lots of stringy mozzarella, fairly large chunks of tomatoes and a very distinct, but not over powering taste of basil.

I was going to save the other Panini for my husband because I didn’t really feel like cooking and I knew he would like it also. He is a big fan of warm fresh sandwiches and he likes a small, but lightly filling snack after work. Of course, that wasn’t enough to keep me from eating the

other Hot Pocket, but I know he would have liked it none the less.

So I can’t say that I am going to start buying instant microwavable food, or that I even will start buying Hot Pockets in general. But as far as the Panini style Hot Pockets go, I bought it, ate it, loved it and will continue to buy all the Panini style Hot Pockets that come out. As a side note, my husband did eventually try them also and strongly agrees with me that they are an incredibly fresh take on microwavable food.

Well done hot pockets!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27210486241031/k2311a102/10.2.08