The Notebook movie  » Movies  »
  • I was thoroughly impressed that the film makers were able to find those two people, not only once, but twice
  • I know it's not a movie many men, particularly, want to give a chance, as it's one of those that definitely fits the label chick-flick
  • But, even if romance and/or drama isn't usually something you opt for at the video rental store, I really do recommend giving this one a chance

• by pangeacat

This movie is based on a novel written by Nicholas Sparks. It stars Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, and Gena Rowlands.

For a movie that is such high romance, it’s difficult to find two people who have enough chemistry on film to pull off the kind of relationship that is reminisced in this

movie. I was thoroughly impressed that the film makers were able to find those two people, not only once, but twice. Both Gena Rowlands and James Garner, and Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling really showcase some fantastic chemistry, in their respective roles.

Generally speaking, this kind of film is simply not my cup of tea. I don’t go for the overly romantic, or highly dramatic kinds of movies, as I feel that life itself has plenty of drama, and that true romance isn’t something that can be portrayed adequately in fiction.

That said however, I actually did fall in love with this movie. The stories are complex, yet wonderfully realistic ...

• The Notebook movie
      and beautifully written. Much of the videography is staggering in it’s simple beauty. There is one scene during the opening credits wherein a flock of ducks is filmed flying over a lake, with a sunset in the background, and slowed down to coincide with the soundtrack. The imagery of it is just breathtaking,
      from an artistic perspective if nothing else.

I know it’s not a movie many men, particularly, want to give a chance, as it’s one of those that definitely fits the label “chick-flick”. But, even if romance and/or drama isn’t usually something you opt for at the video rental store, I really do recommend giving this one a chance.

The Notebook movie
Erica Bro n says :

re : I know it’s not a movie many men, particularly, want to give a chance, as it’s one of those that definitely fits the label chick-flick
I love this movie so much

katherine hurtado says :

The notebook is not so bad and the story is quite interesting, I hated the end After so many issues and struggles she forgets everything, so that part was annoying for me. I love the scenarios, a bit cliche sometimes but it’s a love story. I agree with you, the chemistry among the characters was great and not only the movie talks about true love but also how true love defeats social distinctions and all that garbage society has build for so many years.

Mona says :

It is indeed a great movie with great lessons about love and relationship. I love the soundtracks too.

Nice review.

Akhil Reddy Rondla says :

well, I’m also a great lover of love stories. This movie is really awesome. And maintained the perfect relationship. I like this movie.

Mona says :

Very well said.

Yoga Bahrudin says :

The Notebook one of my favorite movies, I love the story and there is love in it,

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11210486110931/k2311a102/10.2.08