Jon Friedman Sheer Blonde hair gloss
1.5
  • Frustrated by the lack of temporary dyes available at my local drug store (I didn't want to bleach), I bought Jon Friedmen's Sheer Blonde hair gloss
  • I thought this would give my winter dull hair a boost, and give it the gold sheen this jar promised
  • All in all this product is not worth the time, effort or the $14.99CDN I paid for it

• by Melissa Glenn
      I have naturally blonde hair, that tends to go quite dark during our cold Canadian winters. Frustrated by the lack of temporary dyes available at my local drug store (I didn’t want to bleach), I bought Jon Friedmen’s Sheer Blonde hair gloss.

I thought this would give my winter dull hair a boost, and give it the gold sheen this jar promised.

This product comes in a small gold tin that looks just

like a tin of shoe polish.

The product inside, was as thick as shoe polish too, but it was a lovely gold colour, with tiny bits of gold glitter in it.

Gold on gold, I thought my hair was going to look great.

This Sheer Blonde hair gloss was very difficult to apply.

I should have known it would be when I tried a bit of it on my hand.

On my hand,

• it felt like I was wearing thick sticky cream that just wouldn’t rub in, and I had difficulty washing it off!

The directions on the can told me to use sparingly, not hard considering how thick it was! and apply using it with my fingertips.

It was very difficult to spread it evenly throughout my bangs, which had already been styled and dried.

A good 10 minutes of effort later, I had a

lovely gold shiny sheen on them.

My arms however were aching, and I thought there is no way I’m going to attempt to put this on the rest of my very long hair!

All in all this product is not worth the time, effort or the $14.

99CDN I paid for it.

It’s true you get what you pay for, a decent glossing at a hair salon is about $60, but infinitely easier to get done.

Don’t buy this!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31180448570330/k2311a0418/4.18.06