Avon True Pore-Fection Skin Refining Mask
  • I have problem skin, and often after cleansing my facial pores become enlarged and red
  • The first time I tried this mask I was impressed
  • I thought there's no way this is going to dry into a decent facial mask

• by Melissa Glenn
      I have been a fan of Avon skin care products for years, and this product is no exception. I have problem skin, and often after cleansing my facial pores become enlarged and red. My Avon ladie recommended I use True Pore-Fection Skin Refining Mask, before going to bed.

Not only does this clay mask go deep into the pores to get the dirt out that cleansers and toners leave behind, but it actually shrinks your facial

pores. The first time I tried this mask I was impressed.

It felt quite cold on my hands when I went to put it on my face, and the greeny-greyish clay felt rather too liquidy to me. I thought there’s no way this is going to dry into a decent facial mask.

Boy was I wrong. It does take about 5 minutes for the clay to dry on my face, and then you have to leave ...

• it on for an additional 10-15 minutes, as it directs you.

I have quite sensitive skin so I find after 10 minutes my skin begins to itch and I have to wash off the mask. What a difference though! After one nightime use my pores especially on my nose and cheeks were about half their original size.

Over time, (about 6 months of using this mask once a week) they are hardly visible at all. This

product boasts that it is ‘non-comedogenic, oil free and dermatologist tested’.

Its also cheap at about $9CDN for a 100ml tube that lasts me about 3 months. The only downside, the directions could be a little clearer.

There is no reference to the fact that it takes the mask a good 5 minutes to dry; and the packaging could be jazzed up a little. If you have problem skin, try using this pore mask at least once a week before going to bed.

Bernadine says :

I am trying to find a product that I love. The name of the product is PoreFection facial mask. Has this product been discontinued? Please let me know asap as I am in dire need of it.

Tricia Crockett says :

They have stopped making it I also love it . I was looking for the cleanser but found the mask for sale. Just google True Pore-Fections for sale and it will come up. Is just a person with some left that they were selling before it went off the marked.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31180448520330/k2311a0418/4.18.06