Red Beans and Rice  » Recipes  »
  • Turning them well will give a delicious and aromatic flavor as per my late grandma taught me
  • But I don't think this is considered to be one of my favorite dishes though

• by eryana09

I don’t tend to want to hate my food, but I really find this recipe, Red Beans and Rice not to my liking.

However, my family whole family love to eat this; I don’t know why. Minus me, of course. But my late grandmother (from one side of my family) had taught me how to make a tasty Red Beans and Rice. It is actually alright, but I suppose I just don’t like

the idea of Red Beans to go along with rice. You will need some small pieces of chicken strips, cut them nicely, and cook some sausages as well for more superb taste to be decorating the rice later on.

Get also some basil leaves, bit of oil for cooking, a nice chicken broth or chicken essence and also small onions which you can pre-cook if you want to. Of course, you will need the ...

• beans to go along with. And choose red beans if you want. Or if you want to change the course of the recipe, green beans will do as well. Cook your cups of rice and make it around 2-3 cups. This will do.

Put the oil in the frying pan, the onions and the other basic stuffs. Stir well and then add on the red beans. Notice that you don’t

stir too much otherwise you might get your beans burnt. Then the other ingredients follow through and after 5 minutes or so, add your rice and cook nicely. Turning them well will give a delicious and aromatic flavor as per my late grandma taught me. But I don’t think this is considered to be one of my favorite dishes though. But you can try it; perhaps you will have a different opinion than me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49110484530931/k2311a101/10.1.08