Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz
  • Like mmost of Koontz's books, I enjoyed it
  • I found it intersedting that the story came about after Koontz had given an interview to 'People' magazine in which the editor chose to run a photo of him looking like an ax murderer even though they had promised Koontz that the story would be tasteful and depict him as the ordinary guy that he is who happens to have a gift for story telling

• by RebeccaLynn

Mr. Murder is one of Dean Koontz’s earlier novels that has recently been re-released by Berkley books. It was originally released in October of 1993 by G.P.Putnam’s Sons.

Like mmost of Koontz’s books, I enjoyed it. It was a fast paced story and I didn’t put it down until I had finished it.

I found it intersedting that the story came about after Koontz had given

an interview to ‘People’ magazine in which the editor chose to run a photo of him looking like an ax murderer even though they had promised Koontz that the story would be tasteful and depict him as the ordinary guy that he is who happens to have a gift for story telling. Koontz tells this story and the creation of this book in the new afterward ...

• that is included. I liked the fact that an afterward has been included because I am always interested in how the author comes up with new story ideas.

The story opens with a young writer sitting in his home office writing the ending to his latest novel. A strange man, who also happens to be an assasin has a mental connection with the writer and travels cross

country to steal the writers’ life and family. The killer is a dead ringer for the writer but as with all killers his logic is skewed and his methods are madness.

I won’t give away the main body or the ending of the story but for five bucks at Walmart this book will give you a good read and a few moments of quiet time. I recommend reading Mr. Murder.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17110484120931/k2311a101/10.1.08