KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer  » Housewares  »
  • I'm happy to say that much to my surprise, my closest friend in the whole world surprised me two Christmas' ago with one
  • The very first thing I noticed about it before even attempting to use it was how super heavy it is
  • Yes, it's hard to move if you plan to store it under your counter, but I think it is so good looking that I was quite proud to display it in the corner of my countertop
  • I'm not big on making bread, but I know how much my husband and son both love home baked bread, so it seemed to be a perfect opportunity to give this new toy a whirl
  • I would gladly recommend this to anyone that cooks or bakes at all

• by Why Georgia

I’ve been married for almost 25 years and in all that time, I’ve always owned a hand mixer in one brand or another. Not having been much of a baker in the past and being busy raising my kids, I was fairly content with this.

Well, my kids have all grown up and I’ve begun to care more about the things that please me and make my life easier than everyone else. Okay, so I’ve become a little selfish. Little being the operative word here!

After becoming totally addicting to watching the Food TV network, as my passion for cooking grew, so did my need for better kitchen equipment. That was when I started to want a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer.

I’m happy to say that much to my surprise, my closest friend in the whole world surprised me two Christmas’ ago

with one!

The KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer comes in several colors and the one I got was Cobalt Blue. The very first thing I noticed about it before even attempting to use it was how super heavy it is! This is not necessarily a bad thing. Yes, it’s hard to move if you plan to store it under your counter, but I think it is so good looking that I was quite proud to display it in the corner of my countertop! The fact that it is so heavy tells me that it is also a well made quality product. No cheap flimsy parts here folks! From the base, to the tilt head, and even the attachments; all made very well, sturdy, strong and professional.

The first thing I used it for was to make bread. I’m not big on making bread, but I know how much my husband and son both love home baked bread, so it seemed to be a perfect opportunity to give this new toy a whirl! Well my biggest complaint about making bread is mixing the dough. With a hand mixer, you can forget it! There is no power in the hand mixer for this kind of a heavy job. Put all the ingredients in my Artisan and put the tilt head down, dough hook in the bowl and hit a button. Within a short time, without pulling a muscle or working up a sweat, I have perfectly mixed bread dough in a snap. I was in love! There is so much more power in this stand mixer than you ever get with a hand held, no matter how good the hand ...

• KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer
      held is! If you’ve ever made bread before, you know what a pain it is to get all of that flour to mix in. Well, when this mixer got done doing it’s thing, there was no unmixed flour to be seen on the sides of the bowl or the bottom. It’s a beautiful thing!

With all the attachments that come with the unit itself that serve different purposes and the available add on equipment that you can purchase to use with it, this is one multi-tasking little work of art! I have since purchased both the ice cream maker attachment and the pasta maker attachment. You can’t believe how much easier my mixing projects have become! I really can’t say enough good things about it.

It comes with a straight Paddle, a Whip and a Dough Hook. It also has a

clear pour shoot which I love! Keeps all those inevitable splashes of batter down to a minimum.

And then when it comes time to clean up, simply lift the tilt head, remove whatever attachment you were using and take the dirty bowl off the stand, rinse and place in your dishwasher. The base of the unit itself, never needs more than an occasional wipe down with a damp cloth.

I use my KitchenAid for so many different purposes now that I have no idea how I ever did without it for all these years. I sincerely hope it never breaks because I think I’d be totally lost without it. I would gladly recommend this to anyone that cooks or bakes at all. I was never much into baking and since I got this mixer, I bake all the time now. It’s so much easier with my KitchenAid Artisan!

Brad says :

re : I would gladly recommend this to anyone that cooks or bakes at all
Yes absolutely everyone who cooks should own one of these

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53110483210731/k2311a101/10.1.08