Disney’s Hercules  » Movies  »
  • Actually, I think I may have liked it even more than my kids did
  • James Woods is absolutely hilarious as Hades, and all of the characters are fun and interesting
  • But, if you're watching the film hoping for some kind of historical/mythological accuracy, you'll be sorely disappointed

• by pangeacat

Despite the fact that this animated feature was terribly inaccurate to the Greek myth of Hercules, I liked it. Actually, I think I may have liked it even more than my kids did.

James Woods is absolutely hilarious as Hades, and all of the characters are fun and interesting. I particularly like the two

little minions they gave Hades in this one, who are very funny and almost cute, in a pathetic kind of way. Just, don’t expect the film to be anything like the myth it is very loosely based on. They changed a lot around, omitted things, added to it, and so on; likely to ...

• make it more kid-friendly.

The music is done with a kind of Gospel styling that is very fun. My kids loved all the songs. And, I’ve even found myself singing them from time to time while doing the dishes or picking up the living room. The artwork, as well, has a very interesting

style that I think they based on ancient Greek pottery and art, which would, of course, make sense.

If you watch the movie for what it is, a family-friendly animated story, it’s a lot of fun for all. But, if you’re watching the film hoping for some kind of historical/mythological accuracy, you’ll be sorely disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11110483150731/k2311a101/10.1.08