Winking Owl Vineyards Shiraz  » Food  »
  • I have had some low cost wines that werent
  • I had some with my Greek chicken pasta dish and really enjoyed it
  • The label has words to the effect that the wine tastes like black cherry and blackberry and has a hint of spice I would agree with this
  • I think techinically this wine is supposed to be served at temperatures between 55 and 60 degrees farenheit, but I usually drink it at room temperature
  • I like this wine so much I would buy it by the case if it were available and I could afford it

• by snowy

Winking Owl Vineyard’s Shiraz wine is sold by Aldi’s supermarkets. It retails for 2.99 a bottle. I was curious to try this because you never know if a bottle of wine that retails for 2.99 will be any good.

I have had some low cost wines that werent.

I can attest that this wine is good. Shiraz is a California wine on the same order

as the Charles Shaw or “2 buck chuck” as it is called.

It has a sweet and mellow taste that is somewhat fruity. I find it very mild and delicious. I had some with my Greek chicken pasta dish and really enjoyed it.

I find this to be a light ,dry wine that goes well with beef,pork and barbecue. It tastes good with other things ...

• as well.The label has words to the effect that the wine tastes like black cherry and blackberry and has a “hint of spice” I would agree with this.

I think techinically this wine is supposed to be served at temperatures between 55 and 60 degrees farenheit, but I usually drink it at room temperature. I think the taste is very good, and it is

my favorite low cost wine. It has a 13% alcohol content so it tastes like wine but is not overpowering. I like this wine so much I would buy it by the case if it were available and I could afford it.

To sum up: I would give high marks to Winking Owl Vineyards Shiraz.

It is one delicious California wine. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

jean kamdem says :

I want to export winking owl wine to Cameroon.I want to buy on a regular basis to export. I want to represent your brank in Cameroon. Send me the list of your wine, sparkling wine, champagne and the prices Best regrads Jean Kamdem 202-203-8958

ma cox says :

I purchased cabernet ,went to purchase more,all out.Bought SHIRAZ I found it to be yummy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27110483140731/k2311a101/10.1.08