Lexmark X2500
  • After looking through a lot of printer models, I decided to buy a Lexmark X2500
  • It is a little bit less that US$50 at the time when I bought this printer

• by bubblyapple

Lexmark printers are known for their affordability and reliability. I happen to buy one from a retail store nearby. When I was looking for a printer, I want something that would function more than a printer since most of the printer models nowadays have a lot of features.

Also, I want it to be affordable. After looking through a lot of printer models, I decided to buy a Lexmark X2500.

This printer model not only serves as a printer but as

a scanner and photocopier as well. These features for me are okay since there are things that I want to scan and photocopy without having to buy another set of gadgets for that purpose.

Lexmark X2500 is not that expensive too. It is a little bit less that US$50 at the time when I bought this printer.

The bottles of ink that goes with this printer are reasonably priced as well. When I started using Lexmark X2500, it showed good printing ...

• quality.

I have tried using the scanner and the photocopier as well and both features gave me good results. Although I would say that the photocopier feature is a little bit slow.

The scanner program that goes with the printer is easy to navigate and understand. It scans documents in mere seconds and allows you to crop it and then save.

Making you have a say on how to edit your scanned documents or pictures. However, I would say that when

it comes to its smaller parts, Lexmark X2500 needs to be improved.

A small misfeed of paper could cause it to have a paper jam. It is also hard to get the jammed paper out because you can’t take out the closed part since they are all screwed in.

Although it is not something where you have to call a technician in before you could get them out. Still, a hassle on your part especially if the document you are printing is needed at that moment.

Billy Simons says :

I have a Lexmark X2500 and I would like to know how to set the color on it. Now it`s printing blue. I need to know how to set it to black and how to make it darker. Thanks

John says :

Billy, you have to choose the colors from within the application that you’re printing from. If you have a word document you can change the colors there. However, if the colors are printing incorrectly, you will need to re-align the cartridges. You can do this from you printer. Press the menu button, and then click align cartridges. Press select and wait for it to complete.

Galega says :

The most likely cause is your printer is using the color cartridge(s) to print the pictures and other graphic items, and your color is not working for yellow and magenta. Generally color will be used for graphics because the droplets are much smaller and give a finer print quality. If your printer is printing in blue it is out of yellow ink. and if only cyan or light blue is printing red is also over. Just check your cartridge, and fix this yellow color problem.

ivette says :

My paper keeps getting jammed in my printer. I hit the unjammed bottom but it keeps happening. What do I do?

John says :

If paper jams continue to happen frequently, it means that there is a hardware defective. However, you should be sure that you’re loading paper into the printer straight and not sideways. The problem most likely is with the Paper Control Sensor. If you’re under warranty you should contact Lexmark, because this is something that would be covered.

Galega says :

Make sure your printer paper is correctly seated into the slot or tray. Examine the printer for any debris before printing. Previous paper jams, torn paper, printing labels or other foreign objects in the printer can cause reoccurring jams.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16110482960731/k2311a101/10.1.08