Frigidaire Glass Top Range  » Housewares  »
  • The model that I purchased was on sale, and it was a huge upgrade from my old glass top range

• by carallelworld

The Frigidaire corporation ranged over from refrigeration to cooking appliances. The model that I purchased was on sale, and it was a huge upgrade from my old glass top range.

Interestingly enough, I can contrast and compare both the old and the new range since this glass top feature is relatively new. Other of my reviews mention a group of appliances that I had to purchase while on a shoestring budget. I now know that I probably didn’t save very much in the long run because of energy efficiency or the lack thereof.

My Frigidaire range is a wonderful upgrade in so many ways. The ample treatment of the burner size is a gracious feature. The old

glass top had only one large burner out of four. Now I have two large burners, and a warming plate. Overall energy efficiency is obvious at the get go.

Matching the pan size to the burner is one way to preserve energy. More than this, with a glass top, it makes an enormous difference in the time it takes to heat the pans. Comparing this phenomena to the more precise control of a gas range, size does make a difference.

One of the large burners has a small and a large heating element that gives the cook an option which can be conveniently switched back and forth to either setting. This option allows for flexibility, and ...

• more of a choice between saucepans, sauté pans, or frying pans.

In general, the down side to glass top ranges happens to be this necessity to match up the pans to the burners. Most glass tops won’t allow for iron skillets unless they are footed. Last but not least, most pans tend to slip and slide requiring both hands for stirring.

Glass top ranges have gone through a lot of improvements since their inception. The slippery surface is a matter for which no reasonable improvement can be achieved. To me, a gas range is optimal, but living in an area that is more rock than earth, gas lines are at a premium.

The accessibility of in-between precise temperatures

has undergone many improvements since the first glass top range I had. Frigidaire managed to accomplish a bit of refinement in this area.

Along with the larger variety of burner sizes, everything seems to heat up faster. I had no idea how slow the old glass tops were until I started using my new, state of the art range.

The oven is pretty much the contemporary standard it heats up quickly, too. The two aspects new to me at this point are the lighted interior, and quick preheating. Electronic features include the capability to set the digital clock to start the oven at a preset time. It also has the self cleaning feature.

John Franken says :

What type of cook recomented? Can Reverir cook be used?

Galega says :

There won’t be any problem in using Reverie Cook with Frigidaire Glass Top. In fact, you can find relevant info in the manual.

carallelmundo replies :

Revereware is fine. In the manual, they say not to use iron skillets. My girlfriend always uses iron skillets, though. Her stovetop is no worse for the wear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533009482831130/k2311a0930/9.30.08