Hong Kong Downtown backpackers Hostel in TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong  » Hotels  »
0.5
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
  • ON the website, the rates published were in US dollars and I paid my deposit online in US dollars

• by trinity

I booked this hostel via BootsnAll website. ON the website, the rates published were in US dollars and I paid my deposit online in US dollars. BUt when we reached the hostel at past midnight, the reception refused to accept US dollars as payment and insists on being paid with HK dollars at

their HK dollar rate. We ended up paying USD96 more!

Worse, we reserved a room with two double beds and one single bed. But it turned out that the biggest room they have only has two double beds and the room was so tiny there was no more room for an extra mattress. There ...

• was even not enough room for two people to walk across. We felt like in a puzzle. You know, the one where you have to arrange blocks by moving them around a box with only one space to spare. That’s exactly what happened to us! If one wanted to move around, everybody else
        have to be ON the bed! We made a rough estimate of the room and we guess it was 8X9 square feet!

Worst still, they have no towels, toilet paper, soap, no nothing. I guess the Hong Kong tourism board better evaluate the definition of hostel so that tourists don’t get trapped in empty boxes!

sam says :

sir i will reach hongkong shortly, i am not much educated.. can you tell me about any backpackers job please…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23009482761130/k2311a0930/9.30.08