Cherry Hollow Apartments College Station TX  » Real estate  »
503 Cherry Street, College Station - 77840, Texas
  • I've joined the university this fall ('08) and was looking for the best apartments in this place
  • I consider the swimming pool a major factor in attracting tenants
  • One major problem with Cherry Hollow apartments is that it is located in slanted area
  • I think I have given enough information and opinion about Cherry Hollow

• by s.maheshbabu

This review is about my new apartments - Cherry Hollow. Let me give you the address before I can proceed with my review. 503, Cherry Street, College Station - 77840, USA. Most of you might be knowing College Station houses Texas A&M University and all the apartments here are for the students of this university.

I’ve joined the university this fall (’08) and was looking for the best apartments in this place. Finally I’ve got into Cherry Hollow.

Cherry Hollow is considered on of the ‘best looking’ apartments in the vicinity.

Unlike the other apartments in this area, Cherry Hollow has more vegetation, properly maintained landscapes and above all the only apartment with a swimming pool. I consider the swimming pool a major factor in attracting tenants. The pool is reserved only for the residents of Cherry Hollow and the maintenance is also very

good.

Water is changed every day! When ever I feel stressed by my work and just go and swim for some time. The apartments are spacious and properly ventilated. It may not be suitable as a proper home for a family, but if you are one of those many people admitted to TAMU and looking to stay with friends, this is a perfect place.

The rooms are equipped with refrigerator, air conditioner, pre wired internet and electric stoves - so all the non-residents can directly take-off without worrying about the basic amenities. Though the rent is slightly higher than the other apartments ($675), it is worth paying. You will get a calm and a peaceful environment(like-in-a-forest) wen you are Cherry.

‘ALL OTHER’ apartments here are just ordinary ones with cemented floors and no vegetation. Of course, because of the trees around Cherry Hollow ...

• it is cooler than the remaining town and this is very important in a place like College Station where temperatures go up to 40 degrees centigrade. However the equipment provided in the apartments is below satisfactory.

They provided a refrigerator and an electric stove and both of them had to be serviced within a month after we started using them. Also the service from the landlords is not very prompt. As I’m new to this country, I don’t know if things work this way here, but I had to go to the landlords at least three to four times before they sent some service men to repair the refrigerator and the stove.

One major problem with Cherry Hollow apartments is that it is located in slanted area. The slope is so much that it can

be clearly observed. No it is to be noted that College Station is an area with a very heavy rainfall an d all the apartments towards the downside of Cherry have a real serious problem when it rains heavily.

My apartment is on the upper half of Cherry - so I never faced any problem, but I have seen the people on the lower side struggling to prevent water from entering their house. Some of them also come to our apartments fro shelter when it rains heavily. So, if you are considering Cherry, I would suggest you to seriously consider taking apartments on the downside and if you are taking, probably you can ask the landlords to reduce the rent.

Currently they charge the same for all the apartments. I think I have given enough information and opinion about Cherry Hollow. Thank You!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 622909482310530/k2311a0929/9.29.08