Wal-Mart’s Sewing Department  » General services  »
3570 SW Archer Road Gainesville, Florida 32608
  • I had never shopped at the Wal-Mart on Archer Road because it is on the opposite side of town, but the first thing I noticed about the sewing department was that its location was in the back of the store which is an area I don't venture in because it is the garden and auto area
  • Overall, my experience at the Wal-Mart on Archer Road was pleasant and speedy

• by C.Channing

I purchase sewing notions on a regular basis; therefore, you can imagine my surprise when I discovered this well kept secret that the Wal-Mart on Archer Road had a sewing department and all this time I had been driving thirty minutes away to purchase sewing notions.

I had never shopped at the Wal-Mart on Archer Road because it is on the opposite side of town, but the first thing I noticed about the sewing department was that its location was in the back of the store which is an area I don’t

venture in because it is the garden and auto area. I was mad when I got back there because it was at least three times the size of the one I had been going to and all their fabric was lined up against one wall, so I didn’t have to go up and down aisles like I had been doing. In a separate area were the clearance or dollar fabrics, which is where I always went to first. Along another wall was the sewing machine and notions that I needed.

I was ...

• glad to see when I first arrived in the department that I was greeted immediately and the sales associate asked me if I needed any assistance, and even though I told her no, she remained in my eye sight just in case I would need her. After shifting through the dollar fabrics, I grabbed five rolls of fifteen yard fabrics which were good because it was less than one hundred dollars. Before I checked out, I asked her about the Brother Project Runway sewing machine and she was very informative about
        every aspect of the machine. I ended up buying it because it was on sale for like one thirty or one fifty I can’t remember because it has been a few months.

Overall, my experience at the Wal-Mart on Archer Road was pleasant and speedy. I was greeted from the moment I arrived in the sewing department, the fabric was easy to get to and the overall look of the area was neat and organized. The customer service was excellent and I was able to get in and out without any problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252909481801130/k2311a0929/9.29.08