Progressive Candy Thermometer  » Housewares  »
  • Well they had quite a few different candy thermometers from me to choose from and I decided to go for the Progressive Candy Thermometer
  • This is good in my opinion because it is easy to differentiate between the different temperature scales
  • I like to use it to measure the water temperature especially when proofing yeast, I have never been disappointed with the results and measurements
  • I have to say, I got more than I bargained for with this lovely little gadget and I would recommend Progressive's Candy Thermometer to anyone

• by RJR

I had never made candy at home before and was looking at some recipes via the internet and saw that I would need to get a candy thermometer if I wanted to be 100% sure about the stage my candy has reached. There are a few stages when it comes to candy making from soft ball to hard candy stage.

Well, I went all over looking for a candy thermometer here in my country and I was finally directed to a store which I would only refer too as “heaven” for a person who loves to bake and make desserts. Well they had quite

a few different candy thermometers from me to choose from and I decided to go for the Progressive Candy Thermometer.

I choose the Progressive Candy Thermometer because from in the package itself, it looked very professional and strong as well. The Progressive Candy Thermometer is about 8 inches in length and seems to be made from a material which almost seems to be like glass. But it is most likely a very hard transparent plastic.

The Progressive Candy Thermometer gives measurements both in Celcius and Fahrenheit. The celcius side of measurement is coloured in red while the Fahrenheit side is coloured in black. This is good in my opinion because it is easy to differentiate between the different temperature scales. I actually almost made a mistake one day with the temperatures but quickly realized I was looking at the wrong side because of this design.

Progressive’s Candy Thermometer can actually be used for more than candy making, it can be used for measuring the temperature of oil for deep frying, but personally I have never used it for this purpose and it can also be used to measure the temperature of water. I like to use it to measure the water temperature especially when proofing yeast, I have ...

• Progressive Candy Thermometer
      never been disappointed with the results and measurements.

Since the Progressive Candy Thermometer can be used for taking the temperature of oil, on the back of the paper which has the temperature scales there are measurements for the perfect temperature to fry meats and vegetables. Also on the back of this paper is the candy stages temperatures.

Progressive’s Candy Thermometer also has a clip at the top of it, so you don’t need to stand there holding the thermometer while taking care of your candy mixture. But it is recommended that the thermometer never touches the bottom of your pot for accurate reading. It is

also recommended to test the thermometer before every use to ensure accurate reading. You can do this by boiling water to it’s maximum boiling point and measuring it to see what it says.

Since I have had my Progressive Candy Thermometer I have made some wonderful candy with it and always had success with proofing my yeast because I now have the means to measure the temperature of my water or liquid to just the right temperature required for a recipe. I have to say, I got more than I bargained for with this lovely little gadget and I would recommend Progressive’s Candy Thermometer to anyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532809480401030/k2311a0928/9.28.08