Greayhound Buses  » General services  »
2.0
Washington DC, USA
  • It was not until I decided to take Greyhound on my way to friend in Kentucky that I was able to learn, quite radically to say the least, of the hard truth
  • Far more essential, the company needs to consider systematic upgrade of its coaches, if not a sweeping review of its overall performance
  • It could have been an otherwise good initial experience, but as soon as I stepped in the bus, I knew I was up for an ordeal
  • While I know that the trip was going to take less than two hours, I still was skeptical about any possibility of sitting comfortably

• by bubblyapple

I’ve heard a lot about Greyhound buses long before I got to ride one. I must say that because of the admirable manner by which it is advertised, I did get the impression that all its buses are clean, high end and well maintained. It was not until I decided to take Greyhound on my way to friend in Kentucky that I was able to learn, quite radically to say the least, of the hard truth. No. Greyhound buses are not exactly how they appear.

Far more essential, the company needs to consider systematic upgrade of its coaches, if not a sweeping review of its overall performance. My itinerary starts from their bus station at Washington D. C. The place, I must say, has a welcoming ambiance i.

e. , the place was clean and well lit; the comfort rooms

are dry and hygienic. It could have been an otherwise good initial experience, but as soon as I stepped in the bus, I knew I was up for an ordeal. While the bus was not stinking, I can smell something peculiarly putrid.

I don’t know where was it coming from, as I was not keenly interested at knowing anyhow. I sat down and tried to settle myself. Did my usual stuff of course: placed my carry-on bag by the compartment atop, took off my cap and shades, removed my jacket and made it my make-shift pillow just in case, brought out my book and flipped it whence the last page I left, and tried to sit comfortably finally. But therein I immediately realized that it was going to punish my whole trip: the seat that I chose had a ...

• malfunctioning incline-lever.

I was immediately gripped with disappointment. I tried to change my seat; but lo and behold, all the seats were taken. Unlucky me!

We alighted the bus at Pittsburgh, P. A station, and after some hours, we went off to our next stop - Cincinnati, OH.

Having gone through a far-from-deal first trip, I was hoping my next trip was going to give me a little respite. Instead, I saw myself wrestling with another Goliath moment. I sat at the backmost seat, that which is near the comfort room. And much to my dismay, its door wasn’t working i.

e. , it just won’t lock on its own. Since the room’s door closed and open as the bus seesawed from left to right, I had to bear the stench fanned into to us all throughout the trip. Hardly

over, what made me wanted to shout for help was when someone against federal law I could only surmise smoked inside the room.

Suffice it to say, I wasn’t able to sleep the entire trip. Tired and frustrated, I went down at Cincinnati to transfer to another bus that would take me finally, I was thinking to Louisville, KY. While I know that the trip was going to take less than two hours, I still was skeptical about any possibility of sitting comfortably. I sat just right behind the driver’s seat, and finally realized that I fell into a deep slumber, even for a while.

Perhaps, I was too tired of entire day’s helping of unwelcome experiences. Greyhound too often takes pride of their supposed high-end coaches. What I experienced however was, all things considered, its relative contradiction.

wayne laverdure says :

How do i track a tracking number or where do i place this tracking number so i may track such a parcel thanks wayne tracking number 53729508280

Jules Li says :

Wayne, this is a review about Greyhound bus services. It has nothing to do with shipping or tracking. I would suggest stating exactly what courier the tracking number is for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252809480221030/k2311a0928/9.28.08