Clarion Hotel Universal  » Hotels  »
7299 Universal Boulevard Orlando, FL 32891
  • First of all, I paid a very low rate as I used Hotwire and paid less than $40 per night
  • The times were not too convenient though, so we never used it
  • I thought that was quite generous, but we were so tired that I said all we wanted was for them to change the curtain
  • We tried to avoid them as these are usually people who are trying to make you attend some sort of timeshare presentation and can be very aggressive

• by MariaB

My brother and I recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Orlando, Florida and I can confidently say it is a good value for the money. First of all, I paid a very low rate as I used Hotwire and paid less than $40 per night.

It was easy to navigate to from the Orlando Airport. It’s located near Universal Studios and right in front of Wet and Wild. It is, in fact, a Universal Partner Hotel, so there’s a free shuttle bus running between the park and

the hotel. The times were not too convenient though, so we never used it.

It’s your standard motel with regular facilities pool, laundry, etc. We got there during the morning and our rooms weren’t ready because we were too early. They were very courteous and offered to store our luggage while we went to Epcot center for the day. Coming back at night our room was ready.

When we got to the room, I first checked the bathroom and found something brown on the shower curtain. I ...

• immediately called the front desk and they offered to switch our room. I thought that was quite generous, but we were so tired that I said all we wanted was for them to change the curtain. Soon enough, someone from housekeeping arrived at our door and the curtain was changed.

The laundry facilities were great to have on-site especially when you’ve been traveling for 6 days. There were not a lot of machines, but I never found them to be crowded.

The restaurant, though, I felt was expensive, especially since

there was nothing special about the food.

As mentioned, the staff was nice enough, but there were some sort of travel agents hanging around the lobby trying to give you tickets if you even looked them in the eye. We tried to avoid them as these are usually people who are trying to make you attend some sort of timeshare presentation and can be very aggressive.

Over-all the experience was a good one. If you’re not looking for luxury, just a place to sleep, then the Clarion is a good choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22809480161030/k2311a0928/9.28.08