The Boardwalk New Jersey  » Travel  »
New Jersey
  • It was interesting to know that this was the famous realistate that the game Monopoly was based on
  • I thought that statue of Ceasar Augustus was impressive
  • Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see more of the Boardwalk

• by Michael Stephen

Yesterday I had the good fortune of visiting the Boardwalk in New Jersey. It was interesting to know that this was the famous realistate that the game “Monopoly” was based on. I had been to Atlantic City only once before under the cover of night. Yesterday, I saw the famous boardwalk for myself during the day.

This was a great experience. First, I see why the place is called the “Boardwalk”: the entire walking area is wooded boards forming a walk. On that “walk” were

several clothing stores, restuarants and casinos.

One of the casino’s I walked into had a western theme. There were blackjack tables and poker tables in use. There were many people were trying to spin up dollars on the machines.

The staff were dressed like cowboys and cowgirls. The theme was impressively real as there were artificial trees and paintings of clouds in the ceiling to create an outdoorsy look inside. There were eateries inside the casinos too.

From there I got a ...

• chance to walk through Ceasars Palace which really captured the look of Rome. I thought that statue of Ceasar Augustus was impressive. When we went back out to the walk, I was introduced to a restuarant called the “Rainforest Cafe”.

This was very different. Inside were several exotic aquariums and artificial trees and sounds that made the restuarant look like a true rainforest. The menu was listed on the wall and the food was very inexpensive.

(My type of place!) I also visited

a mall there. It was loaded with clothing stores and places to buy food. I liked the fact that I could get a very good look at te Atlantic Ocean from the third floor window.

I also got a chance to look at the sea from the outdoor patio attachment that they have on the third floor. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to see more of the Boardwalk. I am looking forward to returning though.

It is a truly beautiful place where one could create beautiful family memories.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382809480111030/k2311a0928/9.28.08