Amusement World Sabah  » Entertainment  »
1Borneo Hypermall, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
  • I think they should arrange a cleaner to have frequent cleaning in that area for safety and cleanliness purposes
  • One serious issue that I would like to comment is the safety of some games

• by Ahbingo

My boyfriend and I brought my 2 nephews to Amusement World (a place where you can play various arcade games and other games) at 1Borneo last week. It consists of 2 floors, which the upper floor looks a bit empty (not sure if they want to have more passing/walking space or the games machines had not been located completely). A card is required for each play in this amusement center it can be bought at RM10, RM20 and RM50 with RM3 refundable deposit for each card. It can

be topped up anytime.

What make this Amusement World different from other similar type of amusement center available in our area is the availability of many facilities and games for children you can see that the visitors there are kids, teenagers, youngster and parents in a wide range of ages.

Some areas are not that clean due to the availability of some water games and a bit slippery. I need to walk slowly when reaching that area. I think they should arrange a cleaner to have frequent cleaning in ...

• that area for safety and cleanliness purposes.

They are various type of games can be played in Amusement World since this is a new amusement center, all games are new and in good condition. One serious issue that I would like to comment is the safety of some games. My nephew (5 years old) played an electronic game - cars that will swing away at both edges (in a circle). The staff simply fastened the belt that I saw it was not fasten tightly when my nephew stood up

without holding the holder during the swing. I quickly asked him not to stand up and hold the holder all of the time. It really frightened me that the staff looked at it without any impressions.

Overall, Amusement World is a place where kids, teenagers and parents can have fun especially during weekends. It’s a place where the money is easily being spent too. Serious action needs to be taken in enforcing the cleanliness and safety as well as to increase the awareness of staff on the importance of safety measures.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592809480000930/k2311a0928/9.28.08