Siemens M55 Cell Phone  » Phones  »
1.0
  • First, I would like to share my experience about the product's functionality
  • I think this is not a good cell phone because its software is not well designed
  • I mean, I heard it is technically possible to change the cover but it is not easy as the Nokia phones and the whole casing of the device should change and it is given as a technical service, cannot be done by anyone or it would avoid your warranty
  • It has been 3 times on my phone and I was really disappointed

• by alisarialtun

I have used a Siemens M55 cell phone for about 4 years. It sounds really durable when I say it but in fact it is different.

First, I would like to share my experience about the product’s functionality. I think this is not a good cell phone because its software is not well designed. This causes some bad experience especially while you are typing SMS messages. The keys on the phone are not confortable to use and they just make noises every time you push them. It is not the “push tune” it is just noise of the key and would annoy other people if you usually write

sms messages in silent places.

The case of the phone is not changable one. The color is simple and you won’t be able to change it in the future. You shouldn’t drop your phone or shouldn’t have any scratches on it as it will stay on the phone forever. I mean, I heard it is technically possible to change the cover but it is not easy as the Nokia phones and the whole casing of the device should change and it is given as a technical service, cannot be done by anyone or it would avoid your warranty.

The memory of Siemens M55 is only 2 MB. You can ...

• plug in an external camera to this cell phone but the photo quality is really bad, in the other hand 2 MB of storage is never enough and you cannot increase the storage size.

There is no infrared or bluetooth in that phone, you only have GPRS to get some new stuff for your phone. And depending on your service provider, you will have to pay extra for GPRS service.

I think Siemens M55 is not a very durable phone. Once the key group in the middle of the phone (I mean the keys 2,5,8 and 0) stopped working and I just couldn’t even type my pin code because

of that. Fortunately, it was fixed a few days ago but I did not do anything about it really.

The cell phone software has some glitches and if you drop or take the battery off while you are writing a message or something, it might delete the whole memory of the phone, including message box and the phone numbers recorded to your phone. It has been 3 times on my phone and I was really disappointed.

Even if you are looking for a model like Siemens M55, trust me there are some better phones on the market and this one would cause a disaster in your cell phone usage experience.

Susan says :

do you want to sell the phone
    please contact me susanb[at]telus.net

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372809479910930/k2311a0928/9.28.08