Wrigley’s Orbit Professional with Calcium
  • I knew a shop where I could get them for 35 Euro cents only and that really isn't much I think
  • So a few days ago I went to that shop and I saw that Original Wrigley's Orbit cost 55 Euro cents while professional ones cost 60 Euro cents
  • So I decided to take Wrigley's Orbit Professional with Calcium instead of the regular chewing gums I was buying all the time which were Wrigley's Orbit Original
  • Unfortunately the taste is gone in about 5 minutes so they start feeling floury after those 5 minutes and you have a really bad taste in your mouth if you continue to chew them for more than 10 minutes
  • I am really glad I bought Wrigley's Orbit Professional with Calcium instead of Wrigley's Orbit Originals because they have calcium and I really think that calcium is very important for our bones and teeth so it is very important to take it because it is very useful

• by lorelai

I used to buy original Wrigley’s chewing gums all the time because they were quite cheap. I knew a shop where I could get them for 35 Euro cents only and that really isn’t much I think. But then the price of Orbit continued going up and up. Each time I wanted to buy a new pack the price was higher for 5 cents until now when it reached 55 cents per pack.

So a few days ago I went to that shop and I saw that Original Wrigley’s Orbit cost 55 Euro cents while professional ones cost 60 Euro cents. I was really surprised by that change because usually the price of Professional ones was almost double than the price of original ones. So I decided to take Wrigley’s Orbit Professional with Calcium instead of the regular chewing gums I was buying all the time which were Wrigley’s Orbit Original.

Wrigley’s Orbit Professional with Calcium really looks professional. They don’t come in a regular Orbit packing but in

an aluminium-plastic tabs like pills that you can but at the pharmacy. I think that these tabs increase their professional look because they look like pills and pills are always connected with the health, well at least if you aren’t a drug addict.

The plastic-aluminium tab is wrapped in a paper box which is white and has a golden shiny central part where there’s also written Wrigley’s in small dark blue letters, than Orbit in big blue letters and then professional again in small letters. There’s also a picture of two chewing gums and a red line where with white letters its written with Calcium. At the top of the box there’s written for strong and clean teeth and there’s also a picture of a tooth surrounded by micro granules with calcium.

You take out the tab from the paper box and you can see that there are 10 chewing gums in it each one separated by plastic cover, like pills. They are white and have blue small granules.

• All 10 of them have 14 grams.

These chewing gums have very minty taste but they aren’t very strong and they don’t burn your mouth or your tongue. While you chew them you can feel those small micro granules of calcium under your teeth but they are gone in about 2 or 3 minutes. Unfortunately the taste is gone in about 5 minutes so they start feeling floury after those 5 minutes and you have a really bad taste in your mouth if you continue to chew them for more than 10 minutes.

The gum remains hard and it doesn’t become soft and sticky but unfortunately the taste is so bad that you just have to throw if away after those 5 to 10 minutes. I have red somewhere that it isn’t even very healthy to chew gums for more than 10 minutes because then the bacteria appear so I think that this bad taste is an excellent indicator when to throw away the gum. You can really feel

that this gum cleans your teeth, I mean the granules clean them but if you aren’t able to wash them immediately after eating you will find out that this gum will clean all the residuals of the food and also all the bad smells in your mouth, of course, all that if you don’t keep the gum in your mouth for 10 minutes.

I am really glad I bought Wrigley’s Orbit Professional with Calcium instead of Wrigley’s Orbit Originals because they have calcium and I really think that calcium is very important for our bones and teeth so it is very important to take it because it is very useful. People aren’t eating very healthy and we aren’t taking the proper amount of calcium. I just wonder if this direct applying of calcium to the teeth is really worth anything.

I mean, today different companies are trying to sell different products by claiming stuff that aren’t very true so I really wonder why are these Professional chewing gums so special.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272809479810930/k2311a0928/9.28.08