Electrolux EL 7020B Canister Vacuum  » Electronics  »
  • I love just about everything about this vacuum cleaner
  • I am thrilled with this vacuum cleaner and would recommend it to anyone

• by Quality

I love just about everything about this vacuum cleaner. I have had it about two months. It’s small, it’s light, it’s quiet and it works great!

This is not one of the big, bold monster-vacs that I see lined up and looking like weapons along every department store wall. I had to search to find this one, and it was worth the wait, the work and although seeming high, the price.

First of all, it works exceptionally well in a single sweep. It is light to carry and pretty easy to maneuver. As I move around when using it, the hose pulls it to wherever I am cleaning. It pretty much just follows along. The front is rounded so it doesn’t get caught on doorways and such. And the motor is

QUIET! Vacuum noise makes me nuts but this little machine is so quiet! I actually vacuum while I watch TV and none of the cats have budged when I turn it on.

It has a power head and it picked up everything my little kids and cats crew leaves on the carpet with no trouble. (We don’t have dogs, so I cannot say how it does on dog hair, but it picked up everything in its path.) The attachments are stored in fitted compartments on the canister, covered by a little door. I use the small round brush and the edge tool attachments. It also comes with a wonderfully wide brush for non-carpeted floors, which allows me to vacuum my sizable kitchen floor very quickly.

I was surprised how ...

• comfortable it is to use. I tire easily due to a medical condition, and I was shocked the first time I used the vac. After vacuuming all downstairs floors, I extended the pole and with the small round brush, I vacuumed the ceiling where it meets the walls. Normally, I am a bit tuckered after doing the floors, but even after cleaning the ceiling, I did not feel tired. So I shortened the handle again and cleaned all the way up the stairs, then tackled upstairs. I vacuumed the entire upstairs and still felt pretty good!

There are some really well-conceived details that make me smile when I use them, too. There’s a place for the pole to stand up so I don’t have to drop it on the floor when

the phone rings or when I see one of my kids about to do a header off a counter. The wire is retractable, the pole can be made long or short by just touching a button.

I chose the model that collects the dust and dirt in a disposable vacuum bag, because I am allergic to dust and don’t want to empty a dust container after cleaning. There’s a HEPA filter inside the vacuum, too, and it is sealed, which I have been told it must be to claim itself an effective HEPA filter.

All this and it’s very pretty, too. I am thrilled with this vacuum cleaner and would recommend it to anyone. Each time I use it I have wished that I could buy one for everyone I love!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162709479460330/k2311a0927/9.27.08