The Wildwoods NJ  » Travel  »
New Jersey
  • We went to Boathouse Restaurant on Rio Grande the lobster was delicious
  • Over-all it was a great experience, but not exactly an exciting weekend
  • I'd go there if someone invited me, but once is definitely enough

• by MariaB

I went to Wildwoods in New Jersey for an ultimate Frisbee tournament with my sister. While I didn’t play in the tournament, I did enjoy the Wildwoods’ many activities. Accommodations: We stayed at a non-descript motel along Atlantic Avenue called Acacia Beachfront Motel.

It was clean and comfortable, and the pool facilities were nice, though can be crowded on some days. Price was $151, but we split with about 5 other people so

it came out pretty cheap.

Beach: It was a rather cold late July/August weekend, but the sand was clean. The beach is also free! It wasn’t so crowded, and there’s plenty of activities to do like swimming, surfing and skimboarding.

Amusements: The boardwalk was your standard boardwalk it was really more fun with lots of people. We had skeeball tournaments, played at the arcade and won lots of prizes at the ...

• games.

We also rode the Ferris wheel and the Cycle Monorail. There are a lot of mini-golf course and we tried the Gilligan’s Island Miniature Golf on 10th avenue.

It was a little cheesy, but most min-golf courses in the area are. Food: Nothing beats good boardwalk food greasy cheese steak sandwiches and funnel cake covered with powdery sugar the seagulls are very aggressive and can fly down and

steal your food.

There’s also lots of seafood restaurants if you’re in the mood for surf and turf. We went to Boathouse Restaurant on Rio Grande the lobster was delicious! Dip it in drawn butted and wrap it in some warm bread.

They have a great selection of martinis try the apple-tini. Over-all it was a great experience, but not exactly an exciting weekend.

I’d go there if someone invited me, but once is definitely enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382709479440330/k2311a0927/9.27.08