Thorny’s Steakhouse & Saloon, Myrtle Beach SC  » Restaurants  »
600 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC
  • His chicken fingers cactus fingers were delicious, and he enjoyed the bread and vegetables, too
  • He loves his hamburger and was very impressed with this one

• by handsomebabysmom

I Definitely recommend Thorny’s! We had gone through coupon books to decide where to have dinner. After checking out reviews on some other restaurants we had picked out, and seeing a lot of negatives on them, we settled on Thorny’s based on the positives. And they were right!

My husband was picking on my before we got there, because we didn’t realize it was as far South from where we were staying.

We were staying in North Myrtle Beach, so we had to drive down 17 to S Kings Hwy. It was probably about 20-25 minutes, it just seemed longer because

we were used to everything being right there near us.

Anyway, we had seen that all the booths have TVs, and we have a 2 year old, so we figured that would keep him occupied. It worked out great! He even ate some of his dinner.

The kids meals are served on souvenir frisbees, instead of plates, which actually made us spend more money, because if we hadn’t seen that, we would have just had him share our meals, so it’s a great marketing strategy. His chicken fingers “cactus fingers” were delicious, and he enjoyed the bread and vegetables, too.

...

• Oh, and he even got a small ice cream cup with his meal, with chocolate syrup and whipped cream - it was delicious. I got the Hawaiian Ribeye — delicious.

Cooked exactly as I asked (well done, NO PINK), it was still very juicy and tender and flavorful. I had the vegetables with it — they were cooked broccoli and carrots, cooked soft but not too soft, still had plenty of flavor.

My husband got the 1/2 pound Angus cheeseburger. He loves his hamburger and was very impressed with this one.

He got the fries with his meal, and they were

REAL fries - thick and soft!

The bread was also delicious, and the salad too. We were extremely pleased with the food and the price.

All that for just under $40. Very reasonable for a dinner in a tourist town, especially.

Our server was Tim, and he was very helpful and friendly. He was nice enough to ask if we were ready for our son’s ice cream, understanding that as soon as he saw the ice cream he wouldn’t eat any more of his other food.

He must have gotten full, because he turned down the last couple bites of ice cream - he never does that!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72709479410330/k2311a0927/9.27.08