Roper Washer  » Housewares  »
  • When I bought it, I was really short on funds, and I felt so grateful that something in my price range was available at all
  • Little did I know as I placed them in the washer, it would be the last time I would see them looking like curtains
  • When finally installed, I found that there was no differentiated speed for the agitator, but rather the user has a choice of two to four minutes of same speed washing, and rinsing

• by carallelworld

Pangs of guilt riddle through me as I embark on a description of the inexpensive Roper brand washing machine. When I bought it, I was really short on funds, and I felt so grateful that something in my price range was available at all.

For those who live a simple existence, this uncomplicated washer will probably live a long life. With very few parts to break, who knows? It could live to be a ripe old age.

If your wardrobe consists of heavy duty clothing like levis, flannel shirts, cotton or no underwear

the Roper is the washing machine for you. The water temperatures offered are hot and cold, period. Throw in the laundry detergent and go.

Foresight provided a special feature that bolsters the washer tub during the spin cycle. Three belts instead of two keep those heavy duty loads in balance. This feature truly works well, as I have washed rugs, and loads of towels that were handled very well through both spin cycles.

In the beginning, before I realized what a rough and tumble washing machine this was, I unknowingly imperiled the family room curtains that had gotten dusty. Little did I know as I placed them in the washer, it would be the last time I would see them looking like curtains. Upon opening the lid at the end of the spin, I saw nothing but shreds. Oh well, I didn’t like those curtains that much.

In behalf of the mean and lean Roper washer, there are other dolled up models that offer essentially the same, or even less performance. As a gift, I received a different name brand washer when I ...

• Roper Washer
      moved into yet another new residence. This was about seven years after the purchase of the Roper washing machine.

I won’t mention the name of the inherited washing machine at this point, but I was deceived by the plethora of settings on the dial panel. The first thing I looked for was whether or not I would have a setting for delicates such as lace curtains, or doilies, or unmentionables. I was pleased and relieved to see that indeed I would have this convenience feature that I had missed so much when using

the Roper machine.

When finally installed, I found that there was no differentiated speed for the agitator, but rather the user has a choice of two to four minutes of same speed washing, and rinsing.

What a hoax! I could get the Roper to do that much. Yet, with the fancy labels on this other machine, one would have probably paid for a full range of features that were really a near miss, performance wise.

In conclusion I’m rating the Roper washing machine as a very reliable appliance, and thankfully something that’s available when budgetary concerns must take the forefront.

Carol Gibson says :

Well, it’s better than beating your clothes on a rock at the creek’s edge.

Wendy says :

If I had to pick a washing machine all over again, it would not be a Roper. I had just bought a house and needed a washer/dryer set and the ones I purchased happend to be on sale. My thoughts were “YAY, I dont have to go to my mom’s or the laundry mat”. The dryer works great. The washer is HORRIBLE It’s one of those water saving machines and I hate it. Almost every load I have to go back and reset the machine because it stops mid-fill (really not even mid-way), and drains. Then it just sets there. I’ve read the book for trouble-shooting, and have done everything I can to prevent this. I hate this washing machine.

Sylvia Coleby Redmond says :

I hate this washer as well. I put in a load of sheets and 4 pillow cases. Since I ve experienced trouble getting a clean wash, I decided to set it for deep water wash extra rinse, hot water setting and heavy . I also added those downy odor defense to make the sheets smell nice. That was one wash, and additional rinse and the sheets are in for another wash This time with the bulky items setting. I can t get the downy particles to rinse For a test I put in a folded tee shirt and it came out just as folded as it went in I guess you get what you pay for. I should have stuck with the Sears Kenmore.

Carol Gibson says :

It was a nightmare. I was so glad when we left it behind after moving. Never again will I deal with that name brand. I’d
rather go down to the river and beat my clothes on a rock

Glenda H Beck says :

I agree.I have had a Roper washer for 3 years and I am almost praying for it to go ahead and die I DESPISE this awful machine. It cleans the clothes but every time it is used it SLAMS and JUMPS all over the floor , into the wall ,into the dryer and out into the room . God forbid you put sheets and pillowcases in it . Yes the stupid thing is level . I has been leveled several times because obviously all of the times it jumps and slams eventually knocks it out of level, not that it works better when level -no- It has chewed up the plastic rim at the top of the tub in its antics Never again will I buy a ROPER ANYTHING if I can’t afford anything else I guess I will just wash by hand. What a piece of garbage

Sylvia Coleby Redmond says :

Worst washer I ve ever owned Clothing has to be washed numerous times and still comes out dingy. I intentionally put a tee-shirt in the washer folded and guess what? IT CAME OUT FOLDED We are moving and leaving this pile of crap here I even had the washer repair man here twice to fix it but no luck. Hopefully the new owners will have better luck.

Tamie says :

Yes to Roper washers We got a Roper washer after having a GE washer. It is excellent It gets the clothes very clean. Our GE was only a few years old and it never got the clothes clean unless I washed them 3 times. I would recommend Roper washer to everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532709479310130/k2311a0927/9.27.08