Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop  » Laptops  »
  • My experience while using it has been better than I had imagined it to be
  • It doest have any inbuilt nvidia based graphics card though , so I wont recommend it to avid gamers

• by Sukant Ghosh

Being a graduate student , owning a laptop is a necessity . I recently purchased this Dell Laptop online for around $650 inclusive of taxes . My experience while using it has been better than I had imagined it to be .

Firstly it has a intel core 2 duo processor for supreme performance coupled with 3 Gigabytes of RAM . I use certain programming compilers in my system which essentially require a RAM more

than 1 Gigabytes .

Hence my system doesn’t get stuck when I use them in this laptop compared to my old PC which had just 512 Megabytes of RAM . It doest have any inbuilt nvidia based graphics card though , so I wont recommend it to avid gamers .

Its better for students who need a great laptop for classes and assignments. It comes with an awesome 6 cell battery ...

• which can easily last over 3 hours.

If you read documents and take notes during long 2-3 hour classes of graduate studies like I do , its the perfect choice for you . Its not that heavy , which is good if you need to carry it around too much .

I certainly cant stay away from it too long . To ensure better life I would recommend taking the charger plug out

,after it gets 100% charged and selecting the “power saver” option.

It prevents the battery from getting over charged and allows you to work around 3-4 hours without need of a direct power source . I liked its feature that it came pre installed with all the necessary softwares so that I could start using it directly .

Overall ,for the price tag of less than $700 I am more than satisfied with it.

Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632709479300130/k2311a0927/9.27.08