Fairfield Condo System  » Travel  »
  • I bought into the points system from Fairfield, and it turns out that my thinking was not so off
  • Another plus to a condo situation is more room, usually with a kitchen, which really can cut down on vacation cost in the long run

• by Izzieshakespeare
      When I first fell for (bought into) a time share, the result of doing so was that my entire vacation was almost ruined. What was I thinking? I bought into the “points” system from Fairfield, and it turns out that my thinking was not so off. The point system goes far beyond the traditional time share concept where you book in one place for one week at the same time out of each year.

I purchased a program where I have so

many points allotted each year, and I have my choice as to how to spend those points. Under RCI, of which Fairfield owners are automatically members, condo owners from all over the world come together to exchange their vacation places.

Thus, if you cannot use your points for vacation one year, you simply book them with RCI, where they can stay booked for as long as 2 years. One plus is that when such points are about to expire, you are suddenly motivated to ...

• either take a vacation or lost it all.

This is not such a bad thing, especially as those of us who reside here in America have a tendency to be work-a-holics. RCI rates the properties, and almost all of the Fairfield properties receive the highest ratings.

Another plus to a condo situation is more room, usually with a kitchen, which really can cut down on vacation cost in the long run. In the spirit of full disclosre, however, the biggest downside is that there

will ALWAYS be a monthly or yearly maintenance payment.

Depending on the number of points, this could be a fairly, hefty payment. One other downside is that some air travel/hotel room packages end up being cheaper than the condo, mainly because those trips include transportation.

With condos, you are on your own for transportation, although most of the big companies offer some discount programs. Overall, my family and I were able to see much of the U.

S. A.

(some of via driving) & stay in nice resorts because of the Fairfield point system.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38170447921230/k2311a0417/4.17.06