Asus W3A
2.5
  • Asus W3A is the 2nd Asus notebook I bought more than 2 years ago after Asus M52
  • The reason I selected Asus again (not because of the good experience in first Asus notebook) but because of the brand itself (Asus) with proven quality and reliability at reasonable price (not cheap, not that expensive)
  • I love the utility application of Power4 Gear that will adjust the monitor resolution and brightness when it runs on battery to minimize the usage of power you will notice that the screen will be a bit darker in order to save power
  • Another obvious fading of color (looks like 'berkarat') is the convenient key/buttons at both side edges of the notebook it looks very disgusting and really feels sad to see such condition
  • My colleague had problem to find the power button when he assisted me to switch on this Asus W3A

• by Ahbingo

Asus W3A is the 2nd Asus notebook I bought more than 2 years ago after Asus M52. The reason I selected Asus again (not because of the good experience in first Asus notebook) but because of the brand itself (Asus) with proven quality and reliability at reasonable price (not cheap, not that expensive).

There’s no stock for black that I just selected the grey Asus W3A. When I got the notebook, it looks nice with small part of white color in the front panel. I love the utility

application of Power4 Gear that will adjust the monitor resolution and brightness when it runs on battery to minimize the usage of power you will notice that the screen will be a bit darker in order to save power.

After less than one year (which I use to bring it from office back home and vice versa daily), this notebook looks like an old notebook with remarkable scratch (in black color) in front panel and some part of the body also turn color to dark gray.

• Another obvious fading of color (looks like ‘berkarat’) is the convenient key/buttons at both side edges of the notebook it looks very disgusting and really feels sad to see such condition.

Another drawback is the heat coming out from the right side of the notebook. It’s very hot that I should not place my mouse too near to the right side if I’m using the external mouse. The 2 USB ports are just next to the VGA port. When I’m using external LCD monitor and connected

it with wireless USB mouse, I have problems in plugging in the USB mouse sensor when the VGA port is being connected.

The location of the power button is a bit special (not in the body of notebook) but at the edge of the bottom display edge. My colleague had problem to find the power button when he assisted me to switch on this Asus W3A.

With such experience in Asus W3A (fading color and heat issue), Asus is out of my selection for purchase of a notebook.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632709479190130/k2311a0927/9.27.08