Boston Legal  » TV  »
  • This 70 year old mad cow diseased star lawyer acts like a goofy teenager and is the best thing that we all need
  • At the end of each episode I enjoy the balcony chats that the two of them have over scotch

• by Manolo

Boston Legal stars James Spader and William Shatner This show could have easily been another dull lawyer show but these two actors and the weekly introduction of weird characters make this a comedy hit. I remember The Practice and seeing James Spader introduced to that cast list. Right away I realized the star capability of this actor and even though the series disappeared Mr.

Spader went on to lead a new series of daffy lawyers and clients to the forefront. Sprinkle in a little

crazy with William Shatner and Boston Legal became a hit in my book.

What makes this show so special? Spader. In essence, he is a scum bag amoral lawyer who will do anything to win a case, and finds it exciting to molest attractive women.

Heck, he knows that it is wrong, but he does not care. Somehow the audience sees his vulnerable side and falls in love with him.

There are few actors that can pull this off, but Spader has always ...

• had this knack. Then there is the resurrection of Shatner’s career.

He is the essential pal and not mentor. I am so tired of having to see mentors who try continually to fix people.

This 70 year old mad cow diseased star lawyer acts like a goofy teenager and is the best thing that we all need…a friend. At the end of each episode I enjoy the balcony chats that the two of them have over scotch.

The sleepover concept was

risky, but it works. You see it not as a sexual venture, but rather two guys expressing their friendship.

The show touches onto sensitive political topics, but in a non pushy way. I like that it makes me think.

Unlike a lot of law shows it does not focus on the crime, but rather the attorney tricks behind the scenes and always keeping the comic touch. I truly believe that the writers and actors have combined to make this the finest show to ever hit the airwaves.

Boston Legal
    roma van demark says :

re : This 70 year old mad cow diseased star lawyer acts like a goofy teenager and is the best thing that we all need
    I feel like the whole combination of all of the actors is what made this work.

roma van demark says :

re : At the end of each episode I enjoy the balcony chats that the two of them have over scotch
    At the end of the day when you review whats happened. People together who know you all have each others back. And it feels good…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102409478550730/k2311a0924/9.24.08