Acer Aspire  » Laptops  »
  • I bought the Acer Aspire from Wal-Mart In March
  • The Aspire cost me a little over $300 dollars and now looking back is worth every single penny
  • So I don't recommend this computer for gamers who play PC games because it doesn't meet more systems requirements for most of the games out there
  • Overall I think the price for the Acer is a bargain

• by G.egg

I had my doubts about it when I first bought it, but now I’m very happy with my purchase. I bought the Acer Aspire from Wal-Mart In March. My computer went on the fritz and I only had so much money to invest into a new computer. The Aspire cost me a little over $300 dollars and now looking back is worth every single penny.

The hard drive has a capacity of 69 GB, which is not bad at all for 300 dollar computer. For some people that is not enough. But I have been able to download all the programs I need and save all my school

work and I still have over 40 GB left for use. It came installed with Windows Vista Basic, a free trial of Norton’s and Microsoft Office.

My boyfriend has an HP laptop that is a little over a year old and it has crashed on him several times and he has had to perform many system restores. His computer cost around $2,000 dollars. Before my Acer I had a nice Dell laptop that gave me the blue screen of death all the time; that computer was far from being even a year old when it went on the fritz. After almost a year of use and even dropping ...

• it once, my Acer Laptop has given me no problems what so ever.

So as far as performance goes, the Acer is equally as good, if not better, than your top of the line laptops. But of course there are a few downfalls.

My Acer has no numeric keypad off to the side, just the keyboard and the number keys above the letters. This downfall does not really affect me because I don’t prefer using the numeric pad…But some people do.

Also it is not very good for downloading and playing high graphics games. I installed a PC game I own, Fable, onto my Acer to see how it

would do. The music was choppy and the graphics would freeze up a lot. So I don’t recommend this computer for gamers who play PC games because it doesn’t meet more systems requirements for most of the games out there. This again doesn’t really affect me because I don’t really play PC games; I play online.

Overall I think the price for the Acer is a bargain. It’s affordable, lightweight and runs just as good as your top of the line laptops. I highly recommend this for people who use their computer for primarily school and work, because it can meet your needs.

I give the Acer Aspire 8 out of 10.

Acer Aspire

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632409478380630/k2311a0924/9.24.08