Ivory soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Personal Experience After unwrapping my bar of Ivory from the white and flimsy paper, I took note of the fresh, sweet scent of the soap

• by funniebunny

As I have very sensitive skin, I must therefore be careful of the skin products that I use. Luckily, after much use, the classic version of Ivory soap has not irritated my skin in any way and has become one of my favorites. Needless to say, Ivory has got something pretty darn good going for itself.

During an extended period of over 125 years, Ivory has built quite a positive reputation for itself. Ivory is 99.44% pure - pure enough to float in a tub of water, which is quite odd considering how soap does not usually float when placed in water. (There are extremely few impurities included in Ivory). The immense lack of impurities has resulted in

a wonderfully mild soap that is entirely agreeable with my cranky skin. Ivory is mild enough for use on my face as well.

Packaging and Purchasing Info

Each bar of Ivory is individually wrapped in flimsy paper and is sold in packs of two, three, six, and twelve. The bars themselves are of the average size and are white in color. Ivory can be found at Wal-Mart and Target, as well as at many drugstores too. A three pack, no matter where sold, usually averages around one dollar in price.

My Personal Experience

After unwrapping my bar of Ivory from the white and flimsy paper, I took note of the fresh, sweet scent of the soap. The scent is very mild ...

• and has caused no irritation to my skin or sinuses. It is actually quite lovely and a soft, clean scent lingers lightly on my skin for a few hours after bathing. Also, Ivory lathered wonderfully with both a wash cloth or body pouf, creating lots of frothy, velvety, and rather luxurious bubbles.

The thick bubbles rinse easily from my skin under running water; no type of residue or grease was left behind. My skin was left feeling clean and refreshed after rinsing Ivory from my skin. Also, although Ivory does not contribute any moisture to my skin in particular, my skin was not left stripped of moisture. Hence, I find this soap to be fitting for most

skin types including dry skin.

The only con of Ivory is that one bar of Ivory only last so long; I find that one bar will last for only around a week at the most. It seems to melt down extremely fast, especially when left to sit in a tub full of water. Therefore, I do not take to letting my floatable bar of Ivory float in the bathtub, melting down quickly into the water.

Overall

Ivory is a great soap for sensitive skin. It’s gentle and is nearly 100% pure (99.44% to be exact). The scent is sweet and light, not overpowering as it is barely noticeable. My skin was not deprived of moisture due to this soap. I highly recommend Ivory to everyone.

Ivory soap

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312409478220630/k2311a0924/9.24.08