Nikon Coolpix L18 Digital Camera  » Cameras  »
  • I paid around $115 for this camera, and I'd have to say it's worth it
  • It doesn't take the best night pictures, but for daytime pictures it works excellently

• by polyesterbride

I paid around $115 for this camera, and I’d have to say it’s worth it. The screen quality is not very good. Often, when taking pictures, I have thought that they turned out awful. Until, that is, I printed them. The picture quality is almost always FAR superior to the screen quality. In my opinion this is perfectly fine. After all, I’m

looking for great pictures that I can print and send, not a great screen.

It doesn’t take the best night pictures, but for daytime pictures it works excellently. In fact, the only difference between this and our previous (twice as expensive) camera would be that it does have poorer quality nighttime pictures.

The speed of picture taking is really good. I’ve used some ...

• cameras where, when trying to photograph something which is only momentary, they don’t usually work. This one, so far, has always been quick enough to capture a butterfly going past our window, or our son kicking the winning goal at a game. $100 is a very good price to pay for that second picture.

The ease with which I can transfer the

pictures to my computer is very good.

Overall, I’d say the Coolpix is more than worth it. Considering how high digital cameras can run, this one is really great. It isn’t professional quality, but neither is it professional price. I’ve had more expensive cameras, and they were really more than I needed, and they also costed more than I needed to spend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432309477720530/k2311a0923/9.23.08