The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon  » Books  »
  • I didn't want this book to end, because it is one of the best I have read in years
  • I found this book very diffucult to put down

• by shopgirl
      This was an excellent read. I didn’t want this book to end, because it is one of the best I have read in years.

It is a wonderful story that has it all: seduction,

danger, revenge, romance and mystery.

I found this book very diffucult to put down.

The first sentence hooked me: “I still remeber the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time.

” The year is 1945, the city Barcelona.

Daniel,an antiquarian book dealer’s son who is mourning the death of his mother, is taken to the Cemetery for Forgotten Books.

Once there,

• The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
      he must choose one book to be the protector of.

The book he chooses is The Shadow of the Wind by Julian Carax, and after reading it, he sets out on a search for

the author of the books.

Making a shocking discovery: someone has been systematically destroying every copy of all the books written by Julian Carax.

Soon Daniel’s innocent search opens a door into one of Barcelona’s darkest secrets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17160447770430/k2311a0416/4.16.06