Playtex Drop-Ins (bottle)  » Baby care  »
  • I love it because I worry so much less about hurting her poor sensitive tummy
  • The Playtex bottles definitely minimize that stress
  • I know bottles aren't as good as breastfeeding, so I wish I didn't have to use them

• by redwildsparkles

This is the best bottle on the market. The collapsible liner just deflates as the baby sucks the milk out, so it doesn’t hurt her inner ear or make her swallow any air. I love it because I worry so much less about hurting her poor sensitive tummy.

I have several other types of bottles, and I use them when my Playtex bottles are dirty, so it’s easy to compare how different bottles affect her. She spits up less and fusses less when I use the Playtex bottles.

She’s a very fussy eater overall, and it really stresses me out. The Playtex bottles definitely

minimize that stress.

It’s easier for her to suck the milk out, so she fusses at the bottle less. She swallows less air, so she cries because of gas less.

Our feedings are much more relaxed now. Some people don’t like this bottle system because you have to buy new drop-ins; but really, they are extremely durable, and you can wash and reuse them.

I put them in the dishwasher just like cups or bottles, and then use them again. I’ve been using the same five drop-ins for a month now and they’re as strong as ever and they have no leaks.

I first ...

• started using them because they are what my mother used for my younger siblings, but now I love them from my own experience. I only supplement with formula, I usually breastfeed my baby; but my milk production isn’t as high as it should be, so often I have to give her a bottle after breastfeeding her.

I know bottles aren’t as good as breastfeeding, so I wish I didn’t have to use them; but I’m so glad that at least there is a bottle that is so similar to breastfeeding. The wide, “naturalatch” nipple apparently works pretty well, because my baby has no trouble

going back and forth between bottle and breast.

I’m sad that I have to use bottles, but I’m glad that at least I don’t have to worry about extra air or strain on her inner ear. I’ve heard that bottle feeding can make a baby fussier than breastfeeding, but for us, as long as I use the playtex bottles, she’s actually much happier both during and after a bottle feeding.

I’m SO glad I have these; it makes my life much easier. And when you have a baby, which is difficult, anything that makes life easier and the baby less fussy is totally worth it!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542309477650530/k2311a0923/9.23.08