Saint William Catholic Church
1035 Fulton Ave. Fort Lupton, CO 80621
  • Unfortunately, the deacon and I had some poor communication at the beginning of the year and I was angry with him for a while
  • One thing I really love about our church is our children's programming

• by McAlister

My family and I attend St. William Catholic Church in Fort Lupton, Colorado. We first started attending in 2002, but took a hiatus when the IT market in Denver took a dive and I had to work nights. At that time, I wasn’t very happy with it anyway.

I kind of felt uncomfortable being a new person there and the person who used to be in charge of children’s education said things to me that made me feel worse. Anyway, we moved to Michigan and when we came back, there was a new deacon in charge of children’s education. I was optimistic about the changes I was seeing there and agreed to teach 3rd grade CCD.

year and I was angry with him for a while. This was in reference to my letting the kids go 20 minutes early, because we were finished with lessons. Deacon wanted me to use all of our time, even if that meant I had to come up with more things to do.

I didn’t feel that the way this was conveyed was conducive to a peaceful and cooperative environment and I reacted angrily. I feel that this can happen in any organization, but I felt that church should be the one place where people should be able to talk about things and get them worked out. I am sometimes not as communicative as I should be either and since I realize this, I made more of an effort to improve my communication with him.

...

• Toward the end of the year, I feel that things went better in our ability to convey ideas and work together. What is funny about this is that there was a new family that I met over the summer who came to our church because they were having some problems at the church in their town. I laughed and said, “Well, you will find that we are a big dysfunctional family.

” And in that, what I meant is that we too have had our share of problems, but like a family, it is important that we work together get problems worked out and we have to accept that we are not perfect. A church family is a collection of human beings and it takes work to make those relationships sometimes. One thing I

really love about our church is our children’s programming.

Since I have 2 kids, I feel it is very important to keep them involved at church. We are having our Fall Festival this weekend and my kids are jazzed. In addition to the games and activities at the fall festival, our church has a youth group that goes on retreats, has parties and works on community service projects.

Not only do these activities help the youths to bond as a cohesive group, but I feel that things like the coat drive and other community service projects give the kids a sense of pride in and responsibility for our town. I am glad that we have our deacon who created the youth group and is a strong guiding presence in the lives of our children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 512309477280430/k2311a0923/9.23.08